+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

FORT Newbie

Re: What are you reading?

I'm reading Pilgrim's Progress right now. I am surprised by how the undertones seem so similar to Lord Of The Rings series. For some reason I get more into books written prior to the 1900's. If you are an oldie's nerd like me check it out!

I'm fascinated by WWII history (can't say why), so I am currently reading Albert Speer's Memoirs. Either he was an excellent writer, or the translator deserves huge praise, as it's a enthralling (and easy) read.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

has anyone read 'The Road'?
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

By Cormac McCarthy? I havent yet but I ordered it online. It should be here in a few days and I am really looking forward to starting it. How do you like it so far?

I havent started it yet. Its next on my list but I just started a book, so I will probably start it next week. I kept seeing people reading it on the subway-and when that happens i usually steer clear of the book (the secret or anything by jennifer weiner), but I saw it and the cover looked scary so i googled it to see what it was about. When I read about it it sounded interesting and it was a big deal apparently. I ordered it, and when it came at work my bosses daughter was walking by my office when I opened it and she had just read it and said it was fantastic.
    Let me know what you think.
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

Definately. Same with you. I try to steer clear of 'method writers' (aka- anything by Nora Roberts or similar). I like to read books that are completely unique and that can't be easily duplicated by another author. This seemed like one that was truely unique and that is what drew me to it.

I finally started the Stephanie Plum series. After reading two Jodi Picoult books in a row, I needed something light. Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying it and even laughed out loud at a couple parts! It's a quick and easy read too. I started it yesterday and should finish later this morning. On to #2....
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

i couldnt believe that i actually LIKED the stephanie plum series, but i love them. they are TOTALLY not what i normally read, but it is nice to have something light. my mom meant to buy me 2 patricia cornwell books a few years ago, but got confused and bought me 2 from the plum series instead. i decided to give them a try even though it didnt seem like something i would like, and i was pleasantly surprised. i think i read 1-14 in about 2 months. they are so easy to read. a nice break from my normal genres. and i laugh a lot when i read them-mostly at lula and grandma mazur.
    ignorance is excellence

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3343379;
    Definately. Same with you. I try to steer clear of 'method writers' (aka- anything by Nora Roberts or similar). I like to read books that are completely unique and that can't be easily duplicated by another author. This seemed like one that was truely unique and that is what drew me to it.
    Did you know that this is the same guy that wrote No Country for Old Men? I just realized that.
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

I didn't know that! If I like this one I think I will have to get that one first! Have you read it or seen the movie?

+ Reply to Thread