+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Everytime I take my mom to the library, I end up getting some books too, and I havent even finished the ones I got last time I went..its a sickness lol but I had to get Change Of heart by jodi Picoult, because everytime I looked for it it was always out..so I was afraid if I didnt get it I would miss out for awhile lol
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3256963;
    Great series Trixie! The HBO series "True Blood" is based on the books. Sookie has the ability to hear peoples thoughts, and her friends include shape shifters, vampires (recognized and living out in the open) and weres. If you enjoyed the Twilight series you might be interested but these are more mystery oriented while Twilight is more romance.

I just went ahead and ordered "Grave Surprise" and "An Ice Cold Grave" sequels in the Harper Connelly Mysteries.
    You will really like this series Mikes' girl loved the Harper Connelly series and I hear a fourth is on the way next year. Love Harper and Tolliver and that psychic Xylda.

MRD

I am so happy I got 2 books I wanted. American Lion, the new Andrew Jackson bio. My husband had to go to 3 stores to get it as it's apparantly pretty popular. Jon Meachum the Editor of Newsweek is the author.

And I got Belle Weather: Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Scattered Hissy Fits, by Celia Rivenbark. I LOVE her books.
    If you are from the South, you will laugh your butt off. If you are from the North you will laugh too and shake your head saying: "yep, those Southerners".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just got Nicholas Sparks "the rescue" I love Nicholas Sparks, Im glad i found one of his I hadnt read.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I'm just finishing up Sedaris' Holidays on Ice. I love him and I finally bought this one after wanting it for many years. It's hilarious and sufficiently cynical.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm reading "J Is For Judgment" by Sue Grafton. I haven't read any of the others in the series, other than "A", but I'm enjoying it. May need to go to the library or find a used book store to get the others...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Right now I'm reading Beauty and the Beast by Ed McBain. I've read most of his books, but this is one that I somehow missed. After I'm finished with it, I'm going on to The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Just started Scarpetta, the latest in Patricia Cornwell's series. I'm curious to see where else she can possible take Kay Scarpetta.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm in the middle of "Dark Tort" by Diane Mott Davidson, 1/4 of the way through The Bride Finder by Susan Carroll and I am about to start "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.
    I'm off for the next week so I shouldn't have too much trouble finishing them off.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3257516;
    I got Belle Weather: Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Scattered Hissy Fits, by Celia Rivenbark. I LOVE her books.
    If you are from the South, you will laugh your butt off. If you are from the North you will laugh too and shake your head saying: "yep, those Southerners".
    I agree! I bought that book yesterday and have already read it. Celia Rivenbark is hysterically funny.

I'm going to read "The Memory of Water" by Karen White next. Several friends have suggested it to me so I picked it up yesterday during my spending spree at the bookstore.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread