+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Im reading Heart Shaped box by Joe Hill
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Just finished Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich. I don't know what I'll go to next. I'm not going to have much time to read this week.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3256465;
    I am almost through Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris, and I am enjoying it. It is a bit strange, premise that one of the characters was struck by lightening and afterward, she is able to feel/find dead bodies (not see dead spirits or anything, but she is like a human Geiger counter and locates & identifies them and experiences the last moments before they died). The story is strange, but has me intrigued and being a fan of Ms Harris (Sookie Stackhouse series) I thought I would try this as well.
    I liked this book quite a bit, but I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse series. What are they like?

MRD

HIGHLY reccomend Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons. I loved it. Laughed and cried and just really loved it. I have loved almost all of hers. Hated Fox's Earth, but her other books have been great.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I read The Red Scarf by Kate Furnivall. My daughter passed it on to me and then I found out my Little Sister had just read it, too. Good read.
    Count your blessings!

I'm reading The Bride Finder by Susan Caroll
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm in the midst of reading The Widows of Eastwick, by john Updike. He revisits the Witches of Eastwick many years later.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3256609;
    I liked this book quite a bit, but I've never read the Sookie Stackhouse series. What are they like?
    Great series Trixie! The HBO series "True Blood" is based on the books. Sookie has the ability to hear peoples thoughts, and her friends include shape shifters, vampires (recognized and living out in the open) and weres. If you enjoyed the Twilight series you might be interested but these are more mystery oriented while Twilight is more romance.

I just went ahead and ordered "Grave Surprise" and "An Ice Cold Grave" sequels in the Harper Connelly Mysteries.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Thanks Mike's girl! I didn't know that True blood was based on those books. I've heard rave reviews about that show, but I don't get HBO so I have to wait for the dvds. And I didn't know that there were sequels in the Harper series either. I'll have to request them from the library.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Just finished Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb. Very good read. I think her In Death series just keeps getting better. I also put my hold in at the library for the next one in the series Promises in Death.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread