+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Im reading Salem Falls by jodi picoult.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I'm listening to Harlan Coben's Promise Me on audiobook. I'm enjoying the story, and I love Myron Bolitar's character. THe thing I'm not enjoying is the narration by the author, he has a very strong Jersey (I think) accent and all the characters sound the same. I wish he (and Stephen King) would leave the narration to the professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3219100;
    I'm listening to Harlan Coben's Promise Me on audiobook. I'm enjoying the story, and I love Myron Bolitar's character. THe thing I'm not enjoying is the narration by the author, he has a very strong Jersey (I think) accent and all the characters sound the same. I wish he (and Stephen King) would leave the narration to the professionals.
    Well, the book is great, but I never get audio books probably because of that reason. BTW, I did see the author in person and the accent is not that strong. It is however made so much more endearing as he is one of the funniest authors I have ever heard speak. His sense of humor is terrific.

Just finished "Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson - not the typical Patterson I am used to but it was ok I guess; as in I finished it (although I did put it down twice).

I am about to start "One Fifth Avenue" by Candace Bushnell - I was the first to request it at the library and it just came in.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3219335;
    Just finished "Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson - not the typical Patterson I am used to but it was ok I guess; as in I finished it (although I did put it down twice).

I am about to start "One Fifth Avenue" by Candace Bushnell - I was the first to request it at the library and it just came in.
    I like james patterson, but im not sure about that one haha
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Just started "Hold Tight" by Harlan Coben. Lovin' it!!

MRD

I like Harlan Coben a lot.

I read Sunday's at Tiffany's about a month ago and now can't even remember what it's about. I guess it must have left a good impression on me.

Patterson has lost a lot. I loved him in the beginning, but he's just trading on his name now and letting other people write the books.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm about 2/3 of the way through "The House at Riverton" by Kate Morton, and it's excellent. Well-written, it's a mystery about something tragic that happened with an English family in post WWI England, although I haven't found out what yet. It's from the perspective of their maid, told when she's in her 90's. I'm not sure how I found it; I had it bookmarked on Amazon, probably found it through their "Customers who bought this bought that" feature while look at something else, and then it was on the bargain rack at Barnes and Noble. But I recommend it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I just finished Salem Falls, and enjoyed it very much...now Im starting Good In bed by Jennifer Weiner.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3220113;
    I like Harlan Coben a lot.

I read Sunday's at Tiffany's about a month ago and now can't even remember what it's about. I guess it must have left a good impression on me.

Patterson has lost a lot. I loved him in the beginning, but he's just trading on his name now and letting other people write the books.
    Sunday's = little rich girl, invisible friend.........
    I agree that he is cashing in on his name; the writing did not feel his influence.

One Fifth Avenue was enjoyable, not having ever read Sex in the City I was not sure what the writing style would be like. Although it was obvious how it would end, sometimes that's alright. The characters were likeable or hateable as the case may be......
    Just finished an older book by Amanda Quick - "Mystique" with a medieval setting. I surprised myself by enjoying it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread