+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 710 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136536 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Bama and Greenie, I haven't read the shopaholic books. But if you're looking for something else Bridget Jonesish, but with complete sentences, try Marian Keyes or Lisa Jewell. Brit chick lit.
    Just finished Bridget Jones's Diary, and LOVED it. I'll che3ck out the others you've recommended.

Just started Spring Collection by Judith Krantz. I'm about half way through, and all I can say is there sure are a lot of explicit sex scenes.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Ok, I interrupted The Shipping News to read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, which was pretty good. It was a much easier read than "Shipping" is turning out to be.

I think I'm gonna give The Shipping News one more chance to entertain me and if it doesn't, I'm off to The Red Tent and A Prayer for Owen Meany, that I've been saving because everyone says how good it is.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Now I'm reading Someone Like You.

Home to Harmony by Philip Gulley. It's a delightful book.

I just finished "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom--the author of Tuesday's with Morrie. It was extremely easy to read and ultimately a very positive and insightful book.

If you're looking for something you can read quickly (on a trip) or read in short pieces and still be able to follow (on a train commute each day), it's really a great book for that. The chapters are short.

Also, obviously, someone dies, so I was a bit concerned that it would be depressing. But it really was not--very enlightening. Leaves you with something to think about in the end. Good book.

I hadn't read anything since finishing American Gods a couple months ago. I just picked up Silent Witness by Richard North Patterson, though, and it's excellent. I'm 60-70 pages in, and I've already been put through the emotional wringer. What an intense book.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    I hadn't read anything since finishing American Gods a couple months ago.
    I loved American Gods. I immediately went out and got Neverwhere and Good Omens (Which Neil Gaiman co-wrote with Terry Pratchard). Both were wonderful too. Good Omens has to be up there with Hitchhiker as one of the funniest books i've ever read.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I really enjoyed American Gods and Good Omens. You both may enjoy Neil Gaiman's Coraline, too. And don't forget his Sandman graphic novel (read: comic book) series. The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes is a good place to start.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    I'm reading "Confessions of a Shopaholic"
    My significant other found Shopaholic Takes Manhatten in her Easter basket. She seemed to really enjoy it. I'm currently looking for Shopaholic Ties the Knot on EBay so she'll have something to do while I browse the FoRT.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Just finished "Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas". I listened to the entire book in one sitting. If you need a good cry, this'll do the trick.

About to start "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread