+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Im reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I'm finally starting New Moon by Steph Meyer. It took me a couple chapters to get familiar with the characters again, but it's very good, as always. I recently completed The Host and was blown away.

I'm also working on Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, which is a classic, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3170412;
    AJane - you might be interested to know that there's a sequel to Wicked called Son of a Witch and the third book in the series, A Lion Among Men, comes out in the Fall. I've only read Wicked myself so I can't recommend the other two personally.

Oooh, I didn't know there was a third coming out. I LOVED Wicked. Son of a Witch was ok, but I just liked it, not loved it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm definitely going to pick up Son of a Witch and check out the 3rd when it comes out. It's funny, I always hated the Wizard of Oz story. Maguire's backstory is much more fun.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm reading Say When by Elizabeth Berg. Wow - will it ever end?? I really expected much more from this NY Times Bestseller.

I'm reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. I love it! It reminds of the HBO series Carnivale, but with no supernatural stuff (so far anyway).

I finished Odd Hours by Dean Koontz the other day, and I hate to say it, but I thought it was pretty boring. Maybe that series is just running out of steam?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3170960;
    I'm reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. I love it! It reminds of the HBO series Carnivale, but with no supernatural stuff (so far anyway).

I finished Odd Hours by Dean Koontz the other day, and I hate to say it, but I thought it was pretty boring. Maybe that series is just running out of steam?
    I thought so too. I was SO disappointed in that book because I LOVED all the other ones. So many unanswered questions left hanging at the end as well.
    I kind of felt he just phoned that one in.

I'm reading Phatom Prey by John Sandford. I have been a big fan of his "prey" books for years. This one isn't as good as some of the others. Maybe it's time for some authors to retire. Better to go out on top, I say. Or maybe not retire, but learn to stop a series when it starts to get tired.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lives of the Courtesans by Lynne Lawner. About the best part about being back up here in Auburn again-- access to the University library; I could live in there!

I am reading Vampire Kisses 5: The Coffin Club by Ellen Schriber(sp?). I accidently picked up the first one at the library one day and then I was hooked.

Candlenight by Phil Rickman
    SciFi, Fantasy, & Horror @ The Sanctuary

+ Reply to Thread