+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I just got done reading "The Sanctuary" by Raymond Khoury. It was a good book in the sense that it was entertaining and action packed. Maybe a little too action packed at the expense of some real history and a bit more in-depth character development. As with all books of this genre, I enjoyed it till about the last quarter or so when things started to veer towards the slightly silly and the outright ridiculous. I won't spoil it here for anyone, but the guy is a screenwriter, and you could practically see that he was writing every word with a future Hollywood cast in mind. It was like reading a movie instead of watching it. All in all, an enjoyable, if somewhat fantastical read.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I'm just into Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods', and am feeling very positive about it. Nice sense of menace from the very start.

I just got finished with "the pact" by jodi picoult...it was a good book, I enjoyed it, but the end..man that was intense!! if you were going to suggest another picoult book besides my sisters keeper and The Pact to read next, which would you suggest? im off to pick up another, so far Ive written "19 minutes" down to pick up.

right now im reading "the host" by stephanie meyer
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Okay - I finished Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner. I just wanted to say that I hated the way the book ended. The largest decision that the main character had to make was left undecided. Who ends a book this way???

I just got Goodnight Nobody from the library, my friend said it was really good..I kind of went book crazy, I came home with 10! haha
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

It was a good book - I just didn't like the way a part of it was left unresolved. I'm kinda OCD about stuff like that...

MRD

Try Good in Bed or In her Shoes. I liked both of those Jennifer Weiner books more.
    Little Earthquakes was also pretty good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3156901;
    Try Good in Bed or In her Shoes. I liked both of those Jennifer Weiner books more.
    Little Earthquakes was also pretty good.
    Thanks! I was wondering if they would be worth my time. Now I know

I just got done reading Nineteen Minutes by picoult. It was good, I enjoyed it..it was slower reading then the others I read by her. It was also very sad, reading the different ways that Peter got bullied, it was a good book, but Ive read 3 of hers now and its probably number 3 on which one I liked best from 1-3

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon - really insightful look into autism and Savant syndrome. A scant 200 plus pages, actually took me over a day and 1/2 to get through this fiction - because it was so realistic, I needed to get away and "pause" my own brain. The story is told with sweet humor, unfolding a touching, poignant view of life for a math/physics savant youth as he plays detective. Very well done!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread