+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 719 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135535 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I'm reading "Confessions of a Shopaholic"
    I'm big on chick lit right now....I haven't read anything heavy (other than all the Dan Brown's) since college.

The girlie books are funny and engrossing...don't knock 'em til you've read one.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

All three shopaholic books are fun! Very Bridget Jonesish.

I am starting The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl. It's my book club book for this month.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Bama and Greenie, I haven't read the shopaholic books. But if you're looking for something else Bridget Jonesish, but with complete sentences, try Marian Keyes or Lisa Jewell. Brit chick lit.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Bama and Greenie, I haven't read the shopaholic books. But if you're looking for something else Bridget Jonesish, but with complete sentences, try Marian Keyes or Lisa Jewell. Brit chick lit.
    I've read several Marian Keyes...very good.
    And of course I have all the Candace Bushnell, the new one is on my nightstand patiently waiting for me to finish Shopaholic.

I honestly have a stack of about 10 books to read.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I haven't read a lot of chick lit, myself, except for Bridget Jones (natch) and a couple of Marian Keyes' books which my sister-in-law gave me. I enjoyed the Marian Keyes a lot. I don't know that reading the Shopaholic's books would be good for me, because my husband would take one look at the title and break into a cold sweat before seizing the LV Murakami wallet out of my Alma and destroying all my credit cards!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    I honestly have a stack of about 10 books to read.
    Me too. First, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I've been meaning to forever...

I am in the middle of The Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson. It's another of the Alex Cross series, where he investigates why men and women are disappearing across the country. He finds that no ransom is being asked for because these people are being bought and sold. Very good story, can't wait to finish it.

I'm reading "A Walk for Sunshine", its about Jeff Alt's 2160 mile walk of the Appalachain Trail to raise money for the Sunshine House where his brother (with cerebral palsy) resides. Makes me want to through on a pack and hit the trail!

FORT Fan
    Just finished "The Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver. Great book.

I read The Bean Trees about a year ago, shusie. I thought it was good but moved a little slow. And how the main character took care of that child was somewhat unbelievable for me. I just couldn't imagine how she didn't freak out. Interesting story though, and an interesting ending.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread