Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3094599;
    I made a trip to the library today and picked up

My sisters keeper by Jodi Picoult
    House by Frank Peretti
    Payback by Fern Michaels
    nights in rodanthe by nicholas sparks

so a little bit of everything
    You are in for some GOOD reading...
    I have read every on except Payback. Keep a tissue box close by for "My Sisters Keeper"
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take; but, by the moments that take our breath away.

Re: What are you reading?

Just getting ready to read "Mansfield Park" by Jane Austen. After seeing the Jane Austen Book Club movie, I made myself a promise to try and read all her books.
    Then I will read "A Summer Affair" by Elin Hilderbrand. Most of her books are set on Nantucket Island, and I just find her to be a great writer.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take; but, by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by GotMoJo;3127339;
    You are in for some GOOD reading...
    I have read every on except Payback. Keep a tissue box close by for "My Sisters Keeper"
    oh yes, I read all 4 of those in a week...My sisters keeper was very sad! and so was Nights On Rodanthe.

now I am on

Self incrimination: Randy Singer
    Last Light: Terri Blackstock
    Before I wake: Dee Henderson
    Dear Lady: Robin Lee Hatcher
    and
    The Host: stephanie Meyer..

going camping all week so that will give me something to keep occupied..its a christian suspense week with a little light stuff thrown in

Payback is a series called "the sisterhood series" its about a group of women who become vigalantes of a sort and get revenge on people who wrong them.
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 07-13-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I just read Paula Deen's memoir It Ain't All About the Cookin' - and it was really a great read. She is very honest about her life - mistakes and all, and she includes a few recipes that she has not published before.

I'm now a Harry Potter fan. I bought my oldest daughter The Philosopher's Stone for summer reading - she finished it in a couple of days. (I then had to buy her a copy of Neil Gaiman's Coraline in graphic novel form, and she finished THAT in a couple of hours. I re-read it as well, it's a really fun read as a graphic novel.) I read the Potter book over a couple of days also and absolutely loved it. I'm off to buy the next couple of books in the series and read them before I go to pick her up from her grandparents' house in a couple of weeks.

Right now I'm halfway into Chuck Palahniuk's Snuff. I'm hoping the twist isn't as obvious as it seems.
    Last edited by AJane; 07-17-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Welcome to the "dark side," AJane. As soon as you begin book one, it's all over - you're hooked! I envy you though - I wish I could read them again for the first time, although, you know, they're still good after the 2nd (and 3rd and 4th and 5th...) time too.

I finished Harry Potter 7 and am now reading Jeffrey Deaver's The Sleeping Doll. I haven't read any of his books in a while, so I forgot how addictive they get. It always takes me about 50 pages to really get into it, but then it's all over. I was actually late to work today because I couldn't put it down! I have about 100 pages to go and I really want to leave work and go home to read. This is one of his Kathryn Dance novels and I'm really enjoying it. There was a big twist that I didn't see coming at all. That's why I don't like reading lots of thrillers right in a row: I start being able to guess the twist and there's no fun in that. I love that feeling of shock when the author totally surprises you.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm still in the Twilight Saga. I'm approaching the end of Eclipse,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the fight is almost about to begin
    but I don't want it to end. I'm getting thorugh this past chapters very slowly so I can hold on the book a bit longer. But with vacation next week, yeah it'll be over soon .

I guess this is why you should read book after the series is complete, but I can wait with many of you for Breaking Dawn

MRD

I got Odd Hours yesterday at the library. I so wanted to start it last night, but when I got in bed to read, I got maybe 4 pages into and couldn't keep my eyes open because I was so tired (not that it was boring). I plan on doing some reading today though!
    I LOVE Odd Thomas!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yesterday I read Jules Asner's first novel - "Whacked", and it was surprisingly good. I had read lots of rave reviews - and just love Hollywood novels - and it was even better than I expected. I can't wait to see if she writes another.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3136526;
    I got Odd Hours yesterday at the library. I so wanted to start it last night, but when I got in bed to read, I got maybe 4 pages into and couldn't keep my eyes open because I was so tired (not that it was boring). I plan on doing some reading today though!
    I LOVE Odd Thomas!!!!!
    Oooh, I'm so jealous! I'm on they waiting list at my library for the audio book. I listened to the first three books that way, the narrator is so good. The only bad thing is I think I'm like 30th on the waiting list. It might be a while.

+ Reply to Thread