+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I love this thread. I needed some books, so I checked out this thread, copied some names down and left for the library. Turns out some of the books you mentionned were on my Indigo (Chapters) wishlist. I figured I'd get them faster and cheaper if I hit the library.
    So I came out with: Water for Elephants, Until I find you and The Year of the Magical Thinking. I'll be reading them in that order.

When did the new Stephanie Plum book come out?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3091656;
    When did the new Stephanie Plum book come out?
    Mid June I think
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3088773;
    My favorite sections were Italy (of course!) and Indonesia. India was interesting, except for the long chapters about the history of meditation.
    Those were my 2 favorite sections also. But I did like India. I'm actually inspired to try the meditation thing again. I've tried before, but had the same problem as Liz, where I'd tell my mind to hush and it would just talk back to me . But I do believe in the value of meditating (in theory, having never actually succeeded), so I'm going to give it another shot. They have several places out here that you can go to for group meditation and the like.

Rosie, I'm glad you're enjoying it now . I loved it, but then I'm very into a lot of the Eastern philosophies and religions. Man would I love to be able to just take a year off and "find myself" like Liz did...not that I'm completely lost, but...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I made a trip to the library today and picked up

My sisters keeper by Jodi Picoult
    House by Frank Peretti
    Payback by Fern Michaels
    nights in rodanthe by nicholas sparks

so a little bit of everything
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3092756;
    Those were my 2 favorite sections also. But I did like India. I'm actually inspired to try the meditation thing again. I've tried before, but had the same problem as Liz, where I'd tell my mind to hush and it would just talk back to me . But I do believe in the value of meditating (in theory, having never actually succeeded), so I'm going to give it another shot. They have several places out here that you can go to for group meditation and the like.

Rosie, I'm glad you're enjoying it now . I loved it, but then I'm very into a lot of the Eastern philosophies and religions. Man would I love to be able to just take a year off and "find myself" like Liz did...not that I'm completely lost, but...
    We've been discussing meditation in the koffee klatch thread in General Discussion. I am inspired to give it another go n ow thanks to this book. I have had some success with it, but not a lot, so I am going to take meditation classes at the local Buddhist temple.
    I too like a lot of the Eastern philosophies and religions and I spent 3 weeks in India back in the 80's. Not on a spiritual quest, but it was an interesting 3 weeks. I also spent 3 weeks traveling all over Italy a long time ago too.
    So I've enjoyed reading that part of Liz's travels.

I would definetly take a year off to travel if I could get a nice book advance to do it on like Liz did.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3088813;
    Just finished the latest Stephanie Plum Book (Fearless Fourteen). It was good - I found the last couple of outings to be disappointing but this one was entertaining. Not a lot of Grandma Mazur but Lula was in fine form.
    I wonder how that will end up! Loved Tank's part in it, felt sorry for him and wondered whether he would ever have the chance to remember
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when/how the engagement took place
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I am currently reading "She Said 'Yes'"
    It is quite interesting and terribly sad.
    I suggest you read the Twilight series by. Stephenie Meyer. Oh my god, they are amazing. I have read all three; Twilight, New Moon, & Eclipse.
    Im so excited to read the 4th one thats coming in August.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyMoxy;3104220;
    I suggest you read the Twilight series by. Stephenie Meyer. Oh my god, they are amazing. I have read all three; Twilight, New Moon, & Eclipse.
    You might also enjoy the Sookie Stackhouse, Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. Thanks to theatregirl25 for suggesting!
    I've loved "spegs" books (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse) and am about to start Host.

Just finished all 8 of the aforementioned Sookie series, and am finishing up Janet Evanovich, "Back to the Bedroom". (early, Evanovich but some character types as found in Stephanie Plum series).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyMoxy;3104220;
    Is this the order to these books or can you pick up any one?

+ Reply to Thread