+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 714 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134534 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    So many 'deathy' books... I think I'll content myself with The Scarlet Letter for some dark romantics.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I'm rereading Laurall K hamiltons Anita Blake series.
    Sure. Fine. Whatever.

PSi
    TV Guide.

FORT Fogey
    I am reading Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. And also, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. They're okay, though in Journey to center of earth, it seemed like he got tired of writing about rocks so he randomly made an ocean so he could write about water.

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi
    So many 'deathy' books... I think I'll content myself with The Scarlet Letter for some dark romantics.
    From what I recall, isn't Scarlet Letter rather "deathy" as well?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I just wrapped up "Silent Night" by Stanley Weintraub.

It's a recount of the Christmas day truce between the allies and Germans during WWI. The two sides joined in the middle of "no man's land" and played a game of footie. What is interesting about the story is that it was discounted as a myth for many years until pictures and letters surfaced.

If history is your bag, I recommend it.

ETA: I also finished "Gods and Generals" by Jeff Shaara ( for the second time)which is the prequel to "Killer Angels" written by Jeff's late father. Loved the book much better than the movie version.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Alice Hoffman, Seventh Heaven. Not loving it as much as the other Hoffman novels I've read recently, but her writing style is really amazing, very insightful, beautifully sensual.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The Rituals of Dining - The origins, evolutions, eccentricities and meaning table manners. Very cool book, and there are a lot of information regarding this topic in the book.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I am reading Easy Prey by John Sandford and just finished a trashy little novel by Lori Foster!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I haven't posted in here in a while, but I'm reading 'Pocket Full of Rye' by Agatha Christie. I'm still reading an Agatha book.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

+ Reply to Thread