+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 709 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129529 ... LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Dex
    Strangely enough I never thought of exchanging it I bought it at MPH (just realized you're a fellow S'porean )
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Cool.

I am a book freak in the sense that I need my books to be absolutely perfect
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I am just starting Summer Sisters by Judy Bloom.I just finished Confessions of a Shopaholic...Fabulous read...very much in the Bridget Jones Diary style.

hollywoodbarbie, I loved Confessions of a Shopaholic!!
    Definitely read the next two if you liked the first one!

I just started reading Density of Souls by Christopher Rice. I'm a huge Anne Rice fan, and thought that I'd give her son a quick read. I was up until 2 a.m.!!!! I was so cranky today, but the book is actually pretty good. It's not a conventional book. He isn't afraid to do away with characters, that's for sure!
    He who holds the ladder is just as guilty as the thief. --German Proverb :nono

I enjoyed A Density of Souls. It was nothing like I expected, but it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbarbie
    I am just starting Summer Sisters by Judy Bloom.I just finished Confessions of a Shopaholic...Fabulous read...very much in the Bridget Jones Diary style.
    I picked up Summer Sisters as a "beach read" several years ago and I've read it probably 20 times. I loved Judy Blume as a teen and this book was like a trip back to the good old days. Let me know how you like it!!

As far as what I'm reading now, I'm still struggling through The Shipping News (can't pay attention) so I may start The Red Tent and then The Da Vinci Code.

My wife had to read The Shipping News for a book club, and I don't think she liked it very well, GG.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    My wife had to read The Shipping News for a book club, and I don't think she liked it very well, GG.
    The movie was a bit disturbing,Paulie I must say you totally revived The Practice.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Why, thank you. I've done my very best to breathe new life into the show.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread