+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Coorah;2509218;
    I'm stuck reading 'The Scarlet Letter' for a summer assignment. I have to do this huge paper on it afterwards. It's not much fun, haha. Besides the fact that I can't understand half the things being said in the book.
    The Scarlet Letter just happens to be one of my favorite books. I loved reading it the first time (and every year after that). There is a lot packed into that story; trust me! If you ever need some suggestions or want to ask questions or just discuss, I'm here for you!

I'm in chapter fourteen in the last Harry Potter tale. I realize now, though, that I have to read Sold before Symposium at school. It would be pretty awesome to have read the book before attending a lecture by the author. Ha ha...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I'm re-reading Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel it's part of her Earth Children Series. I have The Valley of Horses, The Mamoth Hunters, and theres one I can't seem to remember. I'm looking to see if they're any more books that shes written, but haven't found anymore.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Shaybo - those are great books! I read the entire set (1-5) when the 5th book was relelased about 5-6 years ago or so.

Here they are for you -

Earth's Children Series:
    1. The Clan of the Cave Bear, 1980
    2. The Valley of Horses, 1982
    3. The Mammoth Hunters, 1985
    4. The Plains of Passage, 1990
    5. The Shelters of Stone, 2002
    6. ??

Last time I checked, the last book was still in the works, but I haven't a clue as to an estimated release date. I hope it's not another 12 years between books!

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2511576;
    Shaybo - those are great books! I read the entire set (1-5) when the 5th book was relelased about 5-6 years ago or so.

Here they are for you -

Earth's Children Series:
    1. The Clan of the Cave Bear, 1980
    2. The Valley of Horses, 1982
    3. The Mammoth Hunters, 1985
    4. The Plains of Passage, 1990
    5. The Shelters of Stone, 2002
    6. ??

Last time I checked, the last book was still in the works, but I haven't a clue as to an estimated release date. I hope it's not another 12 years between books!
    Me too and thanks for the list I do have all of them.

The Husband - Dean Koontz

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2505217;
    Thanks for the link CCL! It's nice to see Stephenie's smiling face. We miss her around here!
    Critical (and others) - you might want to check out this week's issue of People Magazine (Valerie Bertinelli & Kirstie Alley are on the cover). They review Eclipse and have a short interview with Stephenie Meyer.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My copy of Eclipse should be waiting for me when I get home tonight, so that's the answer to what I'll be reading this weekend. Can't. Wait!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl;2517006;
    My copy of Eclipse should be waiting for me when I get home tonight, so that's the answer to what I'll be reading this weekend. Can't. Wait!
    What is Eclipse about sounds like a Sci-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2515580;
    Critical (and others) - you might want to check out this week's issue of People Magazine (Valerie Bertinelli & Kirstie Alley are on the cover). They review Eclipse and have a short interview with Stephenie Meyer.
    Thanks for the heads up, CCL! I'll have to pick it up at the store this weekend

I just finished my second run through Harry Potter and am on to other things. I just started Jack Finney's Time and Again, which is one my mother sent to me. I was a little cold on it at first - I almost called my mother to ask her what the deal was - but now I'm really loving it. It's not a new book - I think it was written in 1970. It's about time travel. So far, the main character has managed to travel back to 1882 NYC, which is one of my favorite eras. It took about 100 pages before I really got into it, but now I can hardly put it down.

Next up is The Mysteries of the Rectangle by Siri Hustvedt. It's a book of essays on art that I'm reading for the book club at work. I've only just started the first essay and it's clear that this is not going to be a leisurely read: I'm going to have to really focus and read actively to get a lot out of it. Still, I like her writing style and, of course, the subject is right up my alley.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2518169;
    What is Eclipse about sounds like a Sci-Fi
    It's a romantic vampire novel written by a FORTer. So far, I'm enjoying it every bit as much as the two previous novels in the series. It is 628 pages long and I don't want it to end.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread