+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 714 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128528 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
    “The dead don't talk. I don't know why.” But they do try to communicate, with a short-order cook in a small desert town serving as their reluctant confidant. Odd Thomas thinks of himself as an ordinary guy, if possessed of a certain measure of talent at the Pico Mundo Grill and rapturously in love with the most beautiful girl in the world, Stormy Llewellyn. Maybe he has a gift, maybe it’s a curse, Odd has never been sure, but he tries to do his best by the silent souls who seek him out. Sometimes they want justice, and Odd’s otherworldly tips to Pico Mundo's sympathetic police chief, Wyatt Porter, can solve a crime. Occasionally they can prevent one. But this time it's different.

A mysterious man comes to town with a voracious appetite, a filing cabinet stuffed with information on the world's worst killers, and a pack of hyena-like shades following him wherever he goes. Who the man is and what he wants, not even Odd’s deceased informants can tell him. His most ominous clue is a page ripped from a day-by-day calendar for August 15.

Today is August 14.

In less than twenty-four hours, Pico Mundo will awaken to a day of catastrophe. As evil coils under the searing desert sun, Odd travels through the shifting prisms of his world, struggling to avert a looming cataclysm with the aid of his soul mate and an unlikely community of allies that includes the King of Rock 'n' Roll. His account of two shattering days when past and present, fate and destiny converge is the stuff of our worst nightmares—and a testament by which to live: sanely if not safely, with courage, humor, and a full heart that even in the darkness must persevere.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Bridget Jone's Diary !!!

Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho.

I bought Big Fish by Daniel Wallace but there seemed to be some problems with the printing. 1 sentence not printed... I was so disappointed cause I really wanted to read it after watching the movie.
    Last edited by raindance; 03-03-2004 at 10:20 AM.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Quote Originally Posted by audiomaster
    Bridget Jone's Diary !!!
    My friend's reading that too
    I'm not sure but should I read Mystic River? I haven't watched the movie so any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by audiomaster
    Bridget Jone's Diary !!!
    Love that book. Love that movie. Love Colin Firth.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I just finished one of the volumes of the Annotated H.P. Lovecraft. For those horror fans that like Poe (and I know you are out there), this is good reading. What's nice is the fact that it's annotated so you don't have to second guess the language difference and places.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Living to tell the tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Dex
    Quote Originally Posted by raindance
    Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho.

I bought Big Fish by Daniel Wallace but there seemed to be some problems with the printing. 1 sentence not printed... I was so disappointed cause I really wanted to read it after watching the movie.
    My book is missing a sentence too! Thought I was one of the unlucky few to get a defective book
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    Love that book. Love that movie. Love Colin Firth.
    I absolutely love the movie... . Can't wait for its sequel coming out. And I was glancing through the book, abit disappointed with minimum vulgarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    My book is missing a sentence too! Thought I was one of the unlucky few to get a defective book
    That seems to be the case everywhere. I actually brought the book back to Borders for an exchange and I realised that all the other books there too, have a missing sentence! Oh well, I'll just wait for the new batch to come in or something. I'm just really grateful for the no questions asked exchange policy at Borders You might want to exchange it too, if you bought it at Borders.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

+ Reply to Thread