+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 717 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126526 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    I just started reading Big Fish by Daniel Wallace. I remembered chiro saying it was a good book and since the movie is not out here yet, I thought I'd read it first. Anyone has any comments about this book?
    I really enjoyed it. Read it a few years ago. The interactions between father and son were so interesting and resonant to me I bought a copy for my dad for Father's Day...and he hated it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman. I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about regarding this author. I'm just a few chapters into it and I'm in awe. What absolutely beautiful writing...I'm going to yank all her books off the library shelf.
    Is she the one that wrote Charming Billy, too? I have that one on my shelf, but I've never read it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Is she the one that wrote Charming Billy, too? I have that one on my shelf, but I've never read it.
    Nope. Charming Billy is by Alice McDermott, but I'm not familiar with her work.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ah, thanks. Too many Alices...

Just finished Orange Crush By Tim Dorsey, I have now read all his novels. He is in Mystery section.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    brenna, How are you liking The Posionwood Bible? I loved it!

Charming Billy is such a good book. I enjoyed it a ton!

We have to read The Scarlet Letter in Honors English. It's kinda cool because our teacher bought us all paperback copies of it so we could highlight and write things in the margins. I understand the book a whole lot more now than the first time I read it. I didn't realize how much symbolism was within the piece. That means more work...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

I never post here because I figure no one else reads the kind of stuff I do I rather enjoy textbooks.
    Right now I'm reading "Sex and Gender-The Human Experience" by J.Doyle and M.Paludi
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Wow, I am so jealous. You all seem to be able to read real books and I am forced to sit and read horribly textbooks for months on end.
    I am definitely jealous!

Stargazer, textbooks are awesome!
    My current one is "Human Physiology" by L. Vander. It is definitely a thrilling read.

I'm kinda weird like that, I guess. It's not all textbooks, mostly just subjects like Psychology, Sociology, or History. I wouldn't want to sit down with a textbook on Math or Chemistry
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread