+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 709 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121521 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

I'm reading Coal Miner's Daughter by Loretta Lynn.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I am just finishing "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch. It's amazing.

"This was how girls left. They packed up their suitcases and walked away in high heels. They pretended they weren't crying, that it wasn't the worst day of their lives. That they didn't want their mothers to come running after them, begging their forgiveness, that they wouldn't have gone down on their knees and thanked God if they could stay.

So many other good quotes. I actually never saw the movie. I need to rent it soon, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near being as good as the book.

So glad to be on Christmas break; I can actually read for pleasure now!

I just started The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. Also on my Christmas list to read are Cold Mountain (I've owned it since it came out, but I want to read it before I see the movie), LOTR:ROTK, and a slot yet to be determined
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Before, Anne Tyler's "Saint Maybe". Interesting read. I did a prose on the book once and was interested in reading the whole book.

Now, Stephen King's "The girl who loved Tom Gordon".
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Started "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austin, I bought a new copy from Barnes and Noble online to get free shipping for my order as my old copy had fallen apart. Love this book.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Just finished up The Darwin Awards 3, and now reading Inside America's Test Kitchens for a dinner recipe.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Great Expectations - Charles Dicken. Stuck halfway.

I understand the feeling ARG. I started Great Expectaions a couple of months ago, I only got abouy 100 pages in, by I got distracted by some of the other books I have sitting on my shelf that I haven't gotten to yet. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. Tell me how it goes.

I started reading Jude the Obscure, by Thomas Hardy a few days ago, I'm nearly done. It's quite good, in my opinion.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Fogey
    Right now, I'm starting Jurassic Park. I never really watched the movie, so I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I probably will because I like books about science and stuff

jthe long dark Tea-time of the soul, Douglas Adams

Read Cold Mountain, tellm e what you think Chiro, cause I didn't think much of it.

+ Reply to Thread