+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 728 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119519 ... LastLast
Like Tree301Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I loved Cold Sassy Tree as well. The author is Olive Ann Burns (had to go to the bookshelf to check). There's a sequel, although I didn't like it as well.
    If you liked the easy-flowing, chatty southern feel of Cold Sassy, you might enjoy Lee Smith's books. Appalachian lit. She makes it look so easy *sigh*
    I'll have to check those out, I really did enjoy Cold Sassy Tree....I like those easy flowing slice of life books rather then something with real drama. I'm not sure why, guess I'm not in the mood for it when I read.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    We were just assigned to start reading The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. It's pretty good so far!
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

FORT Fan
    Just finished "Cathedral" by Nelson Demille. I found it so intense at times that I had to put it down although the book as a whole is basically "unputdownable". Thank goodness I know that the Cathedral still stands or I don't know how I could have gotten through it. The suspense is incredible.

Needing something not at all suspenseful while I recover from Mr. Demille, I selected "Marjorie Morningstar" by another of my favorite authors Herman Wouk. So far I am enjoying it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marysafan

Needing something not at all suspenseful while I recover from Mr. Demille, I selected "Marjorie Morningstar" by another of my favorite authors Herman Wouk. So far I am enjoying it immensely.
    Marjorie Morningstar is my favourite book of all time. I first read it when I was 12 (my mom had an original hardcover copy from '51) and it's, let's just say, quite a few years later and I am STILL re-reading it.
    BTW - do not, under any circumstances, watch the movie that was made (starring Natalie Wood). It was bad beyond belief and actually omitted a couple of major characters (including Marsha).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm just getting ready to finish a book called "Devil May Care" by Sheri McInnis.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I just finished John Irving's "Widow For One Year". I definitely liked it, but didn't love it.

I just started "The Pelican Brief". I'm a Grisham virgin so I'm looking forward to it.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I just started "The Pelican Brief". I'm a Grisham virgin so I'm looking forward to it.
    That's one of my favorite Grishams....enjoy!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Thanks Lucy. So far, so good.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    I'm reading me some "All Creatures Great and Small" by James Herriot. Its a great book/series. I love it so much-very sweet and happy

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Oooh, I love those books. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Right now I'm reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. It probably would be better if it wasn't for school and the teacher who was teaching it to us wasn't horrible, but it's still ok.

+ Reply to Thread