+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

To kill a mokingbird (for the 50th time!)
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Have read and am re-reading "The Man in my Basement" Walter Mosley for the FORT book club and also reading "Death in Holy Orders" by PD James.
    I have "North and South" by Elizabeth Gaskell on order at the library.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

The House at Pooh Corner
    Bambi
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
    The Secret Garden
    Charlotte's Web

Yes, I am re-reading them for my English Lit Class. I must say, it's been rather fun re-reading my childhood favourites. As well as reading Bambi for the first time. I never realized how unlike the movie it was!

To kill a Mockingbird (Trust me it gets better, even if it's the only book you read)
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Quote Originally Posted by SentFromHeaven View Post
    To kill a Mockingbird (Trust me it gets better, even if it's the only book you read)
    That's too wierd, I saw the movie on AMC after Thanksgiving and bought the movie, I've watched it about 10 times now and love it. My asst manager bought me the book for Christmas and I'm half way through.Being a hardcore member of the "Must read 3 books at a time" club, I am also reading "Wicked" and " The Da Vinci Code" again. One to be in time for the play when it comes to Beantown and Two to be ready for the movie. I used to hate reading until I worked for the Transportation Dept. So much money, so little work.Plenty of time to read.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Since SentFromHeaven double posted....I'm almost done Can You Keep A Secret....it's a wonderful inbetween book from my normal Dean Koontz novels. It's light hearted and hope someday they'll make it a movie....it would be an instant hit!!

They don't have to be british but the slang they use is so funny!

I'm reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" - I'm only to the blue man though.

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Now: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (on Chapter 7 or 8 right now)
    Next: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    Then: Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

(I'm a bit late in jumping on the Potter bandwagon. I had book 2 for the longest time before getting book 3 for Christmas this year and buying books 1*, 4 and 5 yesterday. I don't want book 6 until it's available in paperback.

*I'd read book 1, but never actually owned it until yesterday.)

EDIT: SentFromHeaven: I had to read To Kill a Mockingbird nine years ago when I was a junior or senior in highschool, for an English class. I hated it then, but I was at a store a few months ago and they had it, and I read a few pages and thought "This is better than I remember it to be," and bought it. It's now one of my favorite books, although I've only read it twice.
    Last edited by MysticalChicken; 01-08-2006 at 05:08 PM.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by who_me? View Post
    I'm reading "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" - I'm only to the blue man though.
    I loved that book and read it in only a few hours. I also rented the movie, but it left out a few major points that really disappointed me.

I'm about 250 pages into a book I've been dying to read, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It's everything I hoped it would be: beautifully written, moving, and romantic in an unconventional way. I find myself slowing my pace just so that I can enjoy it a while longer; to quote Critical, this is one of the books I'll be sad to finish. (Shadow of the Wind was another one, by the way.)

With a new semester lurking around the corner, I'm feeling a little stressed about all the books I want to read before my reading schedule will be of a much more mandatory kind. Those books include The Way the Crow Flies by Anne-Marie MacDonald, Play It as It Lays by Joan Didion, The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Krauss, and The Black Ice by Michael Connelly. So many books, so precious little free time left...
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread