+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 709 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Hey, why not Playboy. It's not just for perverts anymore!

Yeah, it does sound the same. It was just fun for him to meet this group of recorders. They were mostly retired ladies and they were thrilled to meet him (he's kind of a blond cutie charmer even if he's only 10). They took requests (he wanted Star Wars novels) and they got to see how appreciated their work is.

Over on our side of the hill on channel 2 they read all kinds of periodicals on the SAP channel. You probably don't get that station, though, I'm thinking it comes from San Francisco.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Who's your cable provider? Ours is Comcast. I haven't seen that channel
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

They have "People" magazine, "Newsweek" and even "Playboy"!.
    So, you're telling us that you really DO read Playboy for the articles?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    So, you're telling us that you really DO read Playboy for the articles?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Currently reading:

Robots and Empire by Isaac Asimov
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Well, I am an English Major, so I am in the process of reading "anne of green gables" and "settlers or the marsh" for my Canadian Lit course. And I am also reading "The Twelfth Night", "Paradise lost" and "baeuwolf" for my American Lit class. I personally do not like any of them though. Although "anne of green gables" is better than I thought it would be!

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites. On the shelf by my computer I have that and all the sequels waiting for my daughter to grow up and enjoy them. The sequels go all the way up through WWI.

Jewelsy - I don't have cable. I know, it bites. So maybe you do get the same channel 2. I don't know how these things work, but somehow they are broadcasting people reading periodicals on this channel. Maybe it has nothing to do with the TV station?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I just got done reading "Cold Sassy Tree" and I can't remember who wrote it. I loved it, read it in two nights. Now trying to think of something else to read. Oh well, gotta go to the libary and see what may be there.
    I loved Cold Sassy Tree as well. The author is Olive Ann Burns (had to go to the bookshelf to check). There's a sequel, although I didn't like it as well.
    If you liked the easy-flowing, chatty southern feel of Cold Sassy, you might enjoy Lee Smith's books. Appalachian lit. She makes it look so easy *sigh*
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    The Halfling's Gem - R.A. Salvatore
    Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats - T.S. Eliot
    Common Sense - Thomas Paine
    Rights of Man - Thomas Paine

I've been doing a lot of reading on Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin, and Patrick Henry. We finally got into the Age of Reason in my English class! Big reports and presentations... Eeks! So, I've been reading a ton of pamphlets, narratives, and legal documentation from the era. Gotta be prepared (no matter how boring)! The Salvatore is for my own leisure, obviously. And, the T.S. Eliot is for poetic interpretation in Forensics (no, not dead people: speech/debate).
    Last edited by ixcrisxi; 11-20-2003 at 11:33 PM. Reason: additions and explanations... ;)
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Well, I just got done with the Devine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood.

Yes, I know, I'm a little behind the times. I liked it, but it reminded me a little to much of work. It also didn't help that Vivi reminded me of someone I knew that I really really disliked so it was hard to warm up to her and her story at times. But I did like it, now I gotta see the movie because what little I have seen of the movie makes no sense now that I have read the book.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread