+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 720 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116516 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

FORT Regular
    Just finished reading, The Bad Witness by Laura Van Wormer..... it was a fun easy read. About to start Everyone Dies by Michael McGarrity... haven't read one of his yet so we'll see.
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

I am re reading the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. Iím just finishing up The Waste Lands, which should have me finishing Wizards and Glass in a couple days so I can absorb the newest one Wolves of the Calla which just came out, with the whole series fresh in my mind.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I am reading The Forensic Casebook - The Science of Crime Scene Investigation. I am taking a class from barnes and noble university - Learning Forensics with CourtTv. Very interesting for all you CSI fans out there.

I'm now reading "The Coming Plague" by Laurie Garrett. Pretty good thus far, though I'm only about 50 pages in.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael
    Woo hoo!! Only 200 more pages to go of War and Peace, then on to Mayor of Casterbridge, than back to light reading for me.
    The Mayor of Casterbridge is one of my favourite books. We had to read it in high school, and then many, many years later I came across it in Chapters and just had to buy it to read it again. They recently had a movie made, but after a few minutes of watching it I knew they were going to butcher it, so I turned it off.

Wow! I just read this whole thread and you people sure do have a huge variety of reading materials! I'm pretty picky about the books I read - no science fiction, no aliens, no out of body stuff, no Lord of the Rings stuff, but I love mysteries, family saga types, basically stories about real people, and also I love true crime - Ann Rule being my favourite in that area.

Right now I am reading ..... Empire Falls by Richard Russo. So far it's okay, but needs to have more spice to it, hopefully that's coming up.

I'm about halfway through "Deception Point", by Dan Brown (the 3rd of his in a row, I'm a little anal about finishing a series from an author once I start). Next on the pile is the new Vince Flynn book.

I'm in the middle of a British-murder-mystery kick -- if anyone likes that sort of thing, Robert Barnard is great.
    But the library just informed me that my name's finally come up on the waiting list for Stephen King's "Wolves of the Calla", the latest in the Gunslinger series. Yay!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy,
    I'm just finishing up my reread of Wizards and Glass before picking up Calla (which i have waiting patiently on my bed side table), We should make sure there is a "Wolves of the Calla" thread in here so we can discuss it as we read.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    Lucy,
    I'm just finishing up my reread of Wizards and Glass before picking up Calla (which i have waiting patiently on my bed side table), We should make sure there is a "Wolves of the Calla" thread in here so we can discuss it as we read.
    Definitely! I'm picking it up from the library tonight...will post something once I get into it enough to have something to say.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread