+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 718 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Just finished Mystic River,reading Separation of Power by Vince Flynn and Stienbecks East of Eden similtaneuosly

How was Mystic River? I've been thinking of reading it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    How was Mystic River? I've been thinking of reading it.
    FANTASTIC, I heard the movie was great too.The book keeps you guessing til the end.

FORT Regular
    I finally broke down and started reading the Harry Potter books. I'm on the 5th one now and have thoroughly enjoyed them. (despite all the ribbing I've been getting) lol

I've been reading Snow Falling On Cedars. I've been finding it a slow painful read. A friend told me to read it and told me how much she loved it, I guess I just can't get into it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    Just finished Mystic River,reading Separation of Power by Vince Flynn and Stienbecks East of Eden similtaneuosly
    Oh, East of Eden is one of my favorite books of all time! What do you think so far?

Let's see, I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha (yes, it's taken me this long to get around to it) and I'm reading Harry Potter ŕ l’école des sorciers (aka the first Harry Potter in French. Yes, i know I'm a geek)
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

I'm reading Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates by Tom Robbins right now. It is really fun and unpredictable. I haven't read anything by Robbins in years, so I'm really getting a kick out of it. I'm only about half way through and I'm dying to know what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    Let's see, I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha (yes, it's taken me this long to get around to it) and I'm reading Harry Potter ŕ l’école des sorciers (aka the first Harry Potter in French. Yes, i know I'm a geek)
    Wow, a polyglot! And an American to boot. Just kidding. You avatar is Sailor Pluto, isn't it? So you're into Japanime as well. All this and your screename sounds like something a chiropractor would do violently with a bag of plasma.

You're not a geek, chirospasm - you're a mega-geek. It's a good thing.

To nlmcp: "Snow Falling on Cedars" is overrated, IMO. But it is a beautiful read nonetheless. I would suggest you stick with it - be patient.

I just finished off a close to 36 hour reading marathon...PHEW!! I was desperate to read Anne Rice's Blood Canticle since I've been following her vampires for years now...little did I realize the book was very dependant on her previous release of Blackwood Farm (which I'd been bypassing for a while now saying I'd get to it later)...so for the past day and a half I've been under the reading spell and have now finished both books.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    You avatar is Sailor Pluto, isn't it? So you're into Japanime as well. All this and your screename sounds like something a chiropractor would do violently with a bag of plasma.

You're not a geek, chirospasm - you're a mega-geek. It's a good thing.
    Wow, kudos to nausicaa, you're the only one who's known what my avatar is!
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

+ Reply to Thread