+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

I finished Sleeping Beauty a while ago. It was...good.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    So far, The Rule of Four is pretty good, although not a huge page- turner. I'm only about 80 pages in and it feels like the story is really about to take off. I'll let you know what I think after I'm done.
    Well, hang on another couple of hundred pages and it will. I liked Rule of Four, but it dragged a bit.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I finished the Time Traveller's Wife tonight, and have to say that, I liked it, but it was kind of unsatisfying, like she forget the vanilla or baking soda in a great cake recipe, something was missing.

Lotus, I loved it until right after the New Years Eve where stuff happens, then I felt like it fizzled out. I didn't think the ultimate end was quite right given the rest of the book. I don't know how else to have ended it or what would have made it better. Like you said, it felt like something was missing and for me, I think it was the way it ended - it just didn't seem to fit.

I'm gonna take on the challenge (hey, the sheer length of that book is intimidating! ) of reading Tolstoy's War and Peace when I finish the book I'm currently reading, which is Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs.
    Last edited by haejin; 07-12-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong

FORT Regular
    A Bend in the Road-Nicholas Sparks

A real turnpager-couldn't seem to put it down last night which caused a bad morning.

Edited: Perfect evidence of my 4 hours of sleep: a real TURNPAGER-ya'll know what I meant.

Lucy, I just saw your reply to my post now. I apologise for the delay of my reply. Yeah, I loved The Eyre Affair. I ended up buying The Well Of Lost Plots and Lost In A Good Book because of it. And I'm totally jealous that you get to read "The Big Over Easy", that's the one with Humpty Dumpty, right? When is it coming out?

It comes out July 25, Cynic. And yeah, it's the one with Humpty Dumpty. I've finished it and it's good.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    It comes out July 25, Cynic. And yeah, it's the one with Humpty Dumpty. I've finished it and it's good.
    That's great to hear. I'll have to mark the 25th on my calender now, I can't wait. Though... I probably should get around to reading his other books first. (The Thursday Next series)

+ Reply to Thread