+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I just finished The Da Vinci Code. I know I'm way behind in my reading. I tried to find the thread for it but I couldn't find it. I would love to read what everyone else thought of it.
    I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code as well but liked the book before it Angels and Demons the best. Many people don't know to read A&D 1st. I got both books as Christmas presents and was told to "read Angels and demons 1st" or I would have just read Da vinci 1st and not enjoyed it nearly as much without the background info in A&D
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

Thanks to a post from the "Great Non-Fiction" thread (I think), I picked up Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer today. I'm about halfway into it, and I've been lurving it. It's absolutely incredible. When I finish the book, I bet it'll keep me thinking for a while.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Lotuslander, I read Middlesex about a year ago and enjoyed it immensely. In fact, I'd say it was one of the best things I read all year, and I read a lot. Such a well-written novel on such an interesting topic, and I loved the epic feel of it. If you want to read more of the same author, I'd recommend his debut novel The Virgin Suicides. It was made into a great movie by Sofia Coppola starring Kirsten Dunst, and the book is very good as well. I saw the movie first though, which probably ruined the reading experience a bit.
    Middlesex is the best book I've read in a long, long time, so I will check out The Virgin Suicides. I just started The Time Traveller's Wife.

I'm re-reading Jeffrey Sackett's horror novels now ("The Demon", "Candlemas Eve", etc.), and will re-read "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" in preparation for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I just started The Time Traveller's Wife.
    Lotus, me too! I'm about a third of the way through it and am hooked, can't wait to see how it turns out and if it stays as good as it started. It will be interesting to see the Henrys 'catch up' with each other as Clare grows up.

Lotus and Jamie, let me know how you like The Time Traveller's Wife. I've been meaning to read it quite some time though, so I'll make it my next book purchase. I read the first couple of sample pages on Amazon and was intruiged. It seems like just my kind of book.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Tom Clancy's The Cardinal of the Kremlin.......my neighbor loaned it to me to see if I like him cause they are fans of his.

I'm reading the third "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" book...I just started it last night...

The Eyre affair by Jasper Fforde. I like it.

HappyCynic, if you look back through this thread, you'll see several of us love The Eyre Affair and its sequels.

I'm actually reading Fforde's latest, "The Big Over Easy." It's not out till later this month, but I snagged an advance copy.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread