+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

I'm currently reading an Alex Delaware book too right now, Monster. I'm not loving it so far. I've had a hell of a time getting into it, which has never been an issue with other Kellerman books. I'm not having great luck with books lately.

Most recently finished Saturday by Ian McEwan and Lost in the Forest by Sue Miller - they were both a 4 out of 5 stars I'd say.

I just started Seven Types of Ambiguity by Australian writer Elliot Perlman. It is a story about one set of events told from seven different points of view (I think, I'm just 60 or so pages in). Thought it was a neat-o way to tell a story!

Some items on my to be read shelf (or shelves) - Shutter Island, Bel Canto, The Lady and the Unicorn and The Memory of Running.

I'd better get off of here and read!

FORT Fogey
    I'm halfway through Frankenstein. I had been reading a lot of chick lit lately, so I thought I would pick up a classic and read something with a bit more substance. It's pretty good so far- I like the story, not sure if I like the way she writes.

Great choice, Pinkie.

My bestest friend got me Blinking With Fists, Billy Corgan's poetry collection, for my birthday! I just started it and it's wonderful thus far.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-04-2005 at 05:35 PM.

I had left "Gone South" by Robert McCammon on an airplane, so I bought it again and finally finished it last night.

Now, I can start on "The Kite Runner" with no guilty conscience.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I just finished 'The Book of Lists, The '90's Edition'. Just what I needed more trivia. I'm starting 'In Our Hearts We Were Giants' next.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    i am starting the Pern dragon series by Ann McCafferety over again at the radio station to kill time. love the series and want to re-new the adventure again and faster too since i got all the books

Darkness, Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane (best known for Mystic River).

I like his mysteries, but I also like the dark, dark humor.

Oh, and also--best title...evah!
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I just finished Tracy Chevalier's The Lady and the Unicorn, which I loved. Not as good as The Virgin Blue, but still really good

I'm about 70 pages into Joanne Harris' Holy Fools - more historical fiction (my favorite genre lately). So far, I'm enjoying it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    more historical fiction (my favorite genre lately). So far, I'm enjoying it.
    What do you think of Robert Harris (Fatherland, Archangel)? I loved Fatherland, but I haven't picked up his new one, Pompeii, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I'm currently reading an Alex Delaware book too right now, Monster. I'm not loving it so far. I've had a hell of a time getting into it, which has never been an issue with other Kellerman books. I'm not having great luck with books lately.
    It's been about two or three Kellerman releases since I've rushed out and bought the hardcover upon release. Kellerman's lost his touch, imho.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread