+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 715 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Sher...didn't you make that promise to read "Mrs. Dalloway" a couple of weeks ago, too?

I just finished reading Timeline by Michael Crichton. I thought it was pretty good. It's about quantum physics and a group of archaeology students that go back in time to the castle that they are currently excavateing. I don't usually like time travel in books but this one was really good.

FORT Fogey
    Well I started this book called Dealing With Dragons.. its an easy book, but apparantly old people have read it and liked it too. Pretty good book though

Father Time lol
    Tim LaHaye - Tribulation Force: The Continuing Drama of those Left Behind

Sun Tzu - The Art of War (Translated & Interpreted by John Minford)
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

Father Time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I just finished reading Timeline by Michael Crichton. I thought it was pretty good. It's about quantum physics and a group of archaeology students that go back in time to the castle that they are currently excavateing. I don't usually like time travel in books but this one was really good.
    I think the Timeline movie is coming out soon.
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Sher...didn't you make that promise to read "Mrs. Dalloway" a couple of weeks ago, too?
    i've been planning on reading it since i saw the movie, "the hours." however, i just got the book for my bday, which was the 10th. fret not, it's my next read.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    Right now I'm reading Leap of Faith, which is the story of Queen Noor of Jordan. Very interesting read - I was braced for another Grace Kelly, fairy-tale American blonde meets king, falls in love and bears his children saga. I had no idea she is so well-educated and astute. Part Swedish and part Middle Eastern, the former Lisa Halaby was in the first class at Princeton to admit women and her father was once the head of the FAA.

Obviously the slant on the Middle East political issues is decidedly not pro-American, but neither is it a total bash of American politics either.

So far, I'm enjoying this book immensely - so much that I read almost the whole first 1/2 on an airplane on Saturday.
    I've read the books by the Saudi Arabian princess. I found it very interesting and engaging. The autobiography really touched me.

I should check this one out.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I'm gonna start reading "The Virgin Blue" by Tracy Chevalier. I've already read "Girl With a Pearl Earring" and "Fallen Angels" by her and both were very good.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Just finished The Da Vinci Code. Fascinating with many true facts in it that sent me to google to find out more. One of those books that make you go hmmmmmm.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    RIght now im reading :

The Mitford Sisters By Mary S. Lowell

Its so fascinating, not just the sisters but the history.It between the years of 1920-to the present.
    Its about six sisters,Who were raised in England, Diana (she married the head of the British Fascist Movement) Nancy (be came a well known author) Unity (close friends with Hitler, and when England declared war on Germany, she shot her self in the head) Decca (Jessica is her real name and wrote the book Hons and Rebels also belong to the communist party) Pam (the quiet sister) and Deborah (who married a Duke)
    Its a great read and Im almost done.

I just finished reading The Dirty girls social club..it was okay.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread