+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Linda Skugge's diary? Seriously? In English? I read that a while back, and was intrigued by the contents but appalled by the sloppy language.
    No, in Swedish of course The language is no good but I'd heard so much about her that I wanted to see what the book was like.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    "Block Party"
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

I'm reading Koontz's Frankenstein. I'm having a hard time because USA made it into a really REALLY bad movie a few months ago (changed it enough that Koontz took his name off the project because he hated the changes).

The problem is that the really bad movie keeps popping into my head as it's similiar enough.... add to that the fact that I have zero time for anything lately and I can't even read more that 10 pages before I have to put it down for one reason or another. It's hard for me to read a book that way... I want to devote blocks of time to it

If you didn't see the movie I would say give the bok a chance....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I've read it, Cali. But I didn't see the movie, so I enjoyed the book. I'm looking forward to part II later this summer.

But Koontz's "Life Expectancy" was better.

I'm reading Robert McCammon's "Mystery Walk" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    I'm reading "The Brethren" by John Grisham. I'm having a little bit of trouble getting into it.
    I finally put it down, I tried to read this book, just could not get into it.
    Very unusual considering I am a Grisham fan.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I read it about a month ago, too. Cali, don't read this next part:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was pissed, though, because even though I knew it was Part I, I didn't expect the book to just STOP the way it did. Even stories that are designed to have sequels usually have SOME sort of resolution to the beginning of the story, or at least come to what appears to be a natural conclusion. This one didn't, and I remember turning the page, not seeing any more book left, and throwing it against the wall.

see Amanda... are you insane? I couldn't NOT read that

Damn it! If I'd waited maybe I could have bought them both at the same time... borrowed the Green Mile that way (all books) and it worked out well for me

John, I haven't read Life Expectancy... I'll pick it up later
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm still in the middle of the very long, very dense, but very good Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, but I like to take breaks with some light reading in between, such as Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynn Truss. It's a cute, quick read for Grammar Sticklers everywhere that makes me feel like I should proofread all my posts a bit more! The American/English differences in grammar are pretty interesting as well.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

iya
    Right now i'm reading deception Point by Dan brown. It's as much as good as Angels & Demons and the Da Vinci Code. Damn! Dan Brown is one heck of a writer!!!
    Kyan is the hottest guy evah!

Coldwater Canyon, by Clive Barker. I've only just started it, but it's subtitled "A Hollywood Ghost Story", so I'm thinking it may be a little different from the usual carnage.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread