+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

I'm reading this new book called "Whats your purpose life" It's a self help book that my sister in law gave me has any read it????????

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    I am reading David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day. he is so funny but I keep falling asleep. We got a new mattress and it is not even David's fault. Funny, funny!
    I LOVE that book Feifer! The chapter on pets had me laughing so hard I had to put the book down until I could compose myself! My other favorite is the last chapter, which is about his father. Sedaris has a way of taking the everyday and making it hilarious. Of course, his family is pretty eccentric, so he did have a lot of material.

I just started Gogol's Dead Souls. It's my first Gogol. So far, so good. I love Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, so I think I should be okay with this one too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Phat, I loved Odd Thomas ... I'm a huge Koontz fan though.

I just picked up Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Book One Prodigal Son

The funny thing is, it's authored by Koontz AND some guy named Kevin J Anderson..... I hope I like it. I really don't know when I'll have time to read it, I bought it three days ago and haven't even started it yet.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by cali

The funny thing is, it's authored by Koontz AND some guy named Kevin J Anderson..... I hope I like it. I really don't know when I'll have time to read it, I bought it three days ago and haven't even started it yet.
    Cali, please let me know if you like Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Book One Prodigal Son, and how it compares to his other books. I saw it, but I hesitant about buying it because I don't know how it'll compare to his others.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by cali

Odd Thomas was pretty good. I admit, he hooked me with the twist.

Kevin J. Anderson wrote a bunch of books in the Star Wars series. Koontz and Anderson--what's next? King and Zahn?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Im not a big reader but i got hooked on this book called the " sunlight,prophert,yearn" it's written in greek any chance to read any greek im there

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHEY
    I just started reading "Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe" by Bill Bryson.

I love the way he writes, he's very funny...which makes it a little difficult while reading on the train as I try NOT to giggle aloud. I've read "A Walk in the Woods" which was funny too, well through 3/4 of the book - our book club liked it at least through half of the book then we all thought he became boring. Even so I felt like reading another book, if nothing else but for laughs.

Has anyone read Bill Bryson? or could you suggest a humorous book?
    I LOVE Bill Bryson. I was sitting in a Maccy D's at Liverpool St Station in London one afternoon waiting for my train home, and reading "Notes from a small Island". In the midst of all these pin striped commuters, I snorted a pickle down my nose from laughing so hard! I love reading Roddy Doyle..his Barrytown Trilogies have me laughing, just because he writes how the Irish are.

What am I reading at the moment? "Long Walk to Freedom: Nelson Mandela's Autobiography" - very fascinating.

Next on my list is Jodi Picoult, "My Sister's Keeper" Anyone read this?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Britannia, I'm reading that. Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper". So far I'm liking it and am hooked. However I have tear myself away, I need to finish reading my course work first. I'm continuing it once I'm done with work.

Have you read other Picoult's books? I'm a fan of her novels.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I've read Johanna Edward's (fellow FORTer, guys!) book "The Next Big Thing"... super-enjoyable and right up our alley here at "Fans of Reality TV" with it's The Biggest Loser style show (but better ) and it's references to famewhores, Survivor, etc.

Go get it, hurry up!!!!!
    Could does not mean should

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    I've read Johanna Edward's (fellow FORTer, guys!) book "The Next Big Thing"... super-enjoyable and right up our alley here at "Fans of Reality TV" with it's The Biggest Loser style show (but better ) and it's references to famewhores, Survivor, etc.

Go get it, hurry up!!!!!
    Right, that did come out last Tuesday, didn't it? I'll get my copy tomorrow, hopefully. It looks delicious!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread