+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discuss Milan Kundera

Discuss Milan Kundera

Any Kundera fans?

I collect his books. Big fan of the EuroSnob (and I say that affectionately)...

His most recent is "Ignorance"-- anyone else read it?

Only book left to read is "Testaments Betrayed"-- as I got into it, he recommended Salman Rushdie, so now I'm off on that tangent.

Wrote my big senior seminar paper for Political Theory using a lot of his "L'art du Roman"...

Sometimes I'm not so sure I understand everything he writes about, but I like to pretend I do.

My favorite is "Immortality"

I liked "Immortality" also, but it has been so many years I have really read Milan Kundera, that I probably would need to reread it to remember properly. I love his style, maybe I should check out "Ignorance" smetime soon.

"Ignorance" was really good, I think you'd enjoy it-- if you liked "Immortality".

Not to pick up on an old topic but I really enjoy reading Milan Kundera. I have tread most of them several times. In addition to The Unbearable Lightness of Being and Immortality, I also enjoyed The Joke, Life is Elsewhere, Slowness and The Farewell Party. I find his books so interesting, unusual and easy to read. I never finish one and feel I have wasted my time.

+ Reply to Thread