+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Around the World in 80 Days fans?

Around the World in 80 Days fans?

I was wondering are there any fans of the Jules Verne book "Around the World in 80 Days" because it is my all-time favorite book and the only fiction book and literature book that I have ever, ever really loved! That is my nickname after my all-time favorite character, the French valet Passepartout.

I enjoyed reading the book. I remember as a kid having read a condensed, "child"-ized version of the book several times, and I finally got around to reading the original about a year ago. I hear there's a new film coming out on the book, and I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately I hear that Jackie Chan is being cast as Passepartout, which seems dumb to me. I saw another film version and enjoyed it, though it was quite old and I'm sure it could be better done.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

Jules Verne is my favorite author. I haven't read one of his books in a few years, I think I'll pick this one up again. Thanks! **walks to bookself and takes it down**

Even though he's from Hong Kong and not France, I think Jackie Chan would make an interseting Passepartout. He's pretty acrobatic.
    Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus

+ Reply to Thread