+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Around the World in 80 Days fans?

See You in September Passepartout's Avatar

Around the World in 80 Days fans?

I was wondering are there any fans of the Jules Verne book "Around the World in 80 Days" because it is my all-time favorite book and the only fiction book and literature book that I have ever, ever really loved! That is my nickname after my all-time favorite character, the French valet Passepartout.

Illustrious
    I enjoyed reading the book. I remember as a kid having read a condensed, "child"-ized version of the book several times, and I finally got around to reading the original about a year ago. I hear there's a new film coming out on the book, and I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately I hear that Jackie Chan is being cast as Passepartout, which seems dumb to me. I saw another film version and enjoyed it, though it was quite old and I'm sure it could be better done.

Jules Verne is my favorite author. I haven't read one of his books in a few years, I think I'll pick this one up again. Thanks! **walks to bookself and takes it down**

Even though he's from Hong Kong and not France, I think Jackie Chan would make an interseting Passepartout. He's pretty acrobatic.
    Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus

+ Reply to Thread