+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Nanny Diaries

The Nanny Diaries

All right, I just borrowed this book from a friend after seeing all the hype about it. Finished it last night. Perhaps you all read this when it first came out and will let this thread die, but...wondering...was anyone else disappointed by the ending? I just expected her to really lay into the X's, and I don't mean via video cam, but in person, in some kind of verbal, in-person show down.

I did think it was pretty hilarious, i.e. I laughed out loud many times. But...there were some things lacking. The Harvard Hottie story line and all the other little story lines did not come to a satisfying conclusion or really any conclusion. They were just sort of dropped off and forgotten about.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I read this book last summer, Shazzer. I thought it was a really fun read especially since I sadly know a lot of parents like the ones in this book. I think I managed to read this book in about 5 hours, it's such a quick read.

I agree though, that the ending is definitely lacking and it's not the most "deep" book one will ever read, but it does make you laugh out loud especially if you're in any type of profession that deals with kids and parents.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I figured I was behind the times with this read, Greenie. It was an incredibly fast read for me, too, and I constantly laughed out loud. Kind of reminded me of Bridget Jones a bit, i.e. funny, sarcastic, etc.

I am very lucky to have never known parents like the ones in the book. Whew!

I was hoping for a wrap up with H.H., because dangggg, that was good.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

cho
    FORT Regular
    I loved this book, definitely makes you realize how some people live. And Grover is the cutest little thing!

I was disappointed in this book. I didn't particularly laugh, though I did feel sad for the little boy, so I guess it wasn't a total waste if some emotion was spent.

I was a nanny for two summers in college and THANK GOD it wasn't like this at all. Of course, I don't guess that people like this would last long in Jackson Hole, WY...lol.

I read this book a few weeks ago. I liked it but I felt that Nanny needed a backbone and I didn't like the little romance she had going on (it was boring). Overall, I would recommend it because it was funny but it's not one of my favorite books.

+ Reply to Thread