+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Read Anything Good Lately?

Read Anything Good Lately?

i've recently started reintroducing myself to books... though i find it difficult as i have SO many tv shows to watch through the week!

i finished "white oleander" a week or two ago (the day before the movie came out) and i have to say i highly recommend it. just a good story.

right now, i'm about 150 pages into "icy sparks." it's about a girl in the mid 1950s who has tourettes, but no one knows what it is. she was always a "different" kind of girl, but she believed that she needed to hide her "differences" so it wasn't until she was 10 that she landed in a mental hospital. really interesting.

what are you reading or what have you read that you would (or even would not) recommend?

I recently finished reading "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris and am now reading his book "Naked". Both are funny as hell and had me big-time. I'd highly recommend both.

GREAT thread idea! I've been meaning to start something like this.

I love the book I'm reading, but I can't reveal what it is just yet. Turns out I bought a copy for Wayner for his birthday (which was nearly three weeks ago, BTW ). When I deliver his gift, I'll tell you what I'm reading.

Man, I'm such a dork. Never crossed my mind to just NOT POST!!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

lobeck, i have "naked" at home. i have only read the first chapter and i thought it was funny as hell. i got it as a gift when i was out of my reading phase. i'll read it next!

Sher, you'll LOVE "Naked"...I'm actually only about halfway through it, and it's hysterical! You'll have to get "Me Talk Pretty One Day" after that and read it. It's a tough call, but if I was asked, I probably would say that MTPOD is even better!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I love the book I'm reading, but I can't reveal what it is just yet. Turns out I bought a copy for Wayner for his birthday (which was nearly three weeks ago, BTW ). When I deliver his gift, I'll tell you what I'm reading.
    Thanks Paulie!!! Let's hope this doesn't prompt you to take my gift back to the store, but here it goes:

I'm reading "From a Buick 8" by Steven King (which I got for my birthday ) It's apparently one of the last books he's going to write, other than to finish up the Dark Tower series. The day I finish his last book is going to be a sad one for me - I've been reading his novels for over 20 years - nobody tells a story better.

The Kiss by Danielle Steel I'm only about 100 pages into it but it's pretty good
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

Nothing but this board. I don't have time to read anything else except my books for class.

I get on little reading sprees. I will read 5 or 6 books in a month and then move on to knitting hats for a month or making crafty bookmarks or something. One of the better books I read lately was Daughter of Fortune by Isabelle Allende. The story had so many aspects of history that I just did not know. The later part of the book is set in the Gold rush and was fascinating. The book spans the globe and was so interesting. If you read it; I hope you like it as much as I did.

I'm reading High Fidelity. Saw the movie awhile ago and it's by the same author of About a Boy. Both are great books.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast