+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Read Anything Good Lately?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    You have to find it first, Wayner.

Good one, John!

Paulie, if one of your kids doesn't become the National Spelling Bee champion one day it's going to be a bitter disappointment for you, isn't it?

FORT Fanatic

Hey John! Hey Wayner

Weyner: I can totally understand that bit about frustration with co-workers at Chilis....I assume you were referring to the theme is Atlas Shrugged where it's said that Regardless of what your profession is...make sure you work to your ability. So if you are a physician, make sure you are the best physician you can be....If you are a trash man...make sure you are the BEST trashman you can be.

John: STOP watching all this TV and start reading Atlas shrugged! It will change your outlook on life..or at the very least help you make major deciosions about yourself....

I recommend the book to everyone!

"Who is John Galt"....Yeah...I saw that on a guys T-shirt not so long ago in Manhattan Beach, CA.

i love the harry potter books, too! and enjoyed the "left behind" series, but was unwilling to keep reading them until all of them have been written. annoys the crap outta me to have to wait a year for the next installment. heck, i can barely wait a week when a tv show is continued! feif keeps reading them though, and gives them to me after, so once the bazillion in the series is out, i'll start over from book one. they are definitely a quick, easy read.

re: ordering out of print books from amazon, clarabella, i've never done it. when i want a book that's out of print, i usually hit ebay.

Roshi, I'm trying to be the best TV-watcher I can be!

Yeah, I read for a couple of hours each night. I'll try to add that to my list. Right now, there are 3 books in a pile that just arrived from Amazon that are begging to be next.

Princess
    Paulie: you were talking about Illuminati re. "fnord" in some other thread which I can't recall which it was. Incidentally I just listened to a documentary on the radio about the group KLF, who as I got it were somewhat inspired by that/those book/s? Pls, is it a series of books, is/are they/it good, who's the author?

PKeeper
    I read a novel called 'The Illuminati' it was wriiten by Larry Burkett. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, Modesty.

I finished "The Traveling Vampire Show" by Richard Layton, and it was pretty good. Kind of along the lines of Stephen King's "The Body" (which became the movie Stand By Me). Teenagers' coming of age through a dark turn of events...

Now, I'm on to the next Layton book. I'm reading "Night in the Lonesome October". So far, I'm about 100 pages in, and just not getting into it. It's very strange.

The Illuminatus Trilogy was written by Robert Anton Wilson. Is it good? Well, that's hard to say. It took me quite some time to slog through it, and when I did, my reaction was just, "Huh. That was weird." Other people love it. It's considered the bible for conspiracy theorists. I'm not really one of those so I was reading it for pure entertainment value, and I think it fell short.

Wayner actually bought me my copy of the Trilogy for my birthday many moons ago.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    Yep, that was the one I was wondering about, Paulie - thanks! (&thanks anyway PKeeper ). I'm definitely not a conspiracy theorist, so it might just annoy me...., on the other hand I tend to like weird books (and movies), so I might just take a peak .

Queen of all boards
    To all of you who enjoyed the Hobbit and the lord of the rings trilogy...I recommmend Robert Jordans Wheel Of Time series. There are nine books out so far, and I am pretty sure at least three more to come. They are an amazing fantasy series. Oh, an I am currently reading Nicholas Sparks Latest novel, Nights in Rodanthe. For those of you who dont know him, He is the one who wrote A Walk To Remember...which was made into the movie thats out now.
    Life is a game, play hard.

+ Reply to Thread