+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Read Anything Good Lately?

FORT Fanatic

Yuppers! Paulie~~~

Atlas Shrugged is amazing...I was hooked from teh get go and everytime I feel like I am losing direction, I just read it again, or skim through various parts in the book...

"The only true measure of mans' value is how well he does his work" ---Ayn Rand

PKeeper
    I had to read the Atlas Shrugged as a college sophmore for Economics 101. Our teacher was an admitted Libraterian. The trial he used to determine if we read it was to give each of us a short oral exam. It was hard to squeeze 1100 pages into a college quarter with a full load of credits. Fortunately I really enjoyed the book. I have also read Anthem and the Fountain Head.

Hmm, I haven't read it. Not too terribly "into" the classics. I guess maybe I'll give it a try. But I have to admit, I can't see the name Ayn Rand without thinking of that Simpson's episode where it was the daycare name. I watch entirely too much TV.

Princess
    I can't see the name Ayn Rand without thinking of that Simpson's episode where it was the daycare name
    ...(me too (watching too much TV), I guess )

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I just finished reading Atlas Shrugged---for the 2nd time last week. I would have to say, that book exemplifies how I want to live my life and the type of person I want to be.
    I totally agree with you, Roshi. I read it in college. At the time I was about 24, and I'd been waiting tables for about 7 years while I worked my way through school. I was working in a Chili's with a bunch of younger folk (20-21). Many of them were lazy and didn't really care about doing a good job. I'd get so frustrated with some of them I could hardly stand it! Yes, we're just waiting tables, but show some pride in your work!

I saw a "Who is John Gault" bumpersticker not long ago.

Originally posted by ClaraBella
    Has anyone here tried ordering out of print books from Amazon.com? There are about a dozen books they have available that I would love to order but I don't quite understand the process. Can anyone tell me if they had a good or bad experience with ordering out of print books from independents on the Amazon.com website?
    CB,
    My husband has ordered a few out-of-print books from independent dealers on Amazon.com. The key is to look at the book description closely. The more information they offer the better. One that Hubby bought said, "Book in good condition, slightly yellowed pages at edges with bend on back cover". It came to us just as described and he was pleased with the book. As long as you know what to expect and get it in the condition promised; it is a good experience.

I saw a "Who is John Gault" bumpersticker not long ago.
    Now that would be a puzzling question. I know who John Galt is, and I know who Willie Gault is, but I have no idea who John Gault is.

Just giving you grief, Wayner.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Folks, if you don't hear from Paulie in the next few days, it's because I've taken his wit and beaten him to death with it.

You have to find it first, Wayner.

Hey, now!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread