+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Read Anything Good Lately?

DaVinci Code is great ...but you probably already knew that

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    The Scarlet Letter was awesome! I loved it to death... The ironies in he beginning were surprising; the symbolism/motifs were cool, too.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I really enjoyed "The Red Tent". Great woman's biblical story without being preachy.

"The Lovely Bones" was just okay for me.
    Well, I have to say "The Red Tent" is one of my all time favorite books, but when you see my name and know that I have four big strong brothers you will understand why. Seriously, I was named for her. My Mother was always fascinated with that story. And the big brother thing was always going on in my family, although they didn't take it quite to THOSE lengths...

I did also think "The Lovely Bones" was a very good book. I remember the tears just dripping down my face while reading it. So sad.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I've been blabbing about it enough in other threads, so I won't go on about it in detail here, but I did just want to mention that I finally finished the fantastic and phantasmagorical American Gods by Neil Gaiman, and submit it officially into the "Read Anything Good Lately?" category.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Caring is sharing <3 carebear04's Avatar
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Earth's Childrens series by Jean M. Auel is great! They are 1. Clan of the Cave Bear
    2. The Valley of Horses
    3. The Mammoth Hunters
    4. The Plains of Passage
    5. The Shelters of Stone

They are set in pre-historic times (something I never would have thought I was that interested in). Has anyone else read these books?

Quote Originally Posted by carebear04
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Earth's Childrens series by Jean M. Auel is great! They are 1. Clan of the Cave Bear
    2. The Valley of Horses
    3. The Mammoth Hunters
    4. The Plains of Passage
    5. The Shelters of Stone

They are set in pre-historic times (something I never would have thought I was that interested in). Has anyone else read these books?
    I have, and I really enjoyed them, too. You know, she put out the first four and then it was a looong time until the fifth one came out. I wonder if she's going to write any more? I would really like to know what happened to her son Durk. She hinted about his life at the end if the first book, but nothing since

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I have, and I really enjoyed them, too. You know, she put out the first four and then it was a looong time until the fifth one came out. I wonder if she's going to write any more? I would really like to know what happened to her son Durk. She hinted about his life at the end if the first book, but nothing since

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but someone at the book store told me that she had cancer. They said that she went through treatment and is cancer free now. I think thats why there was such a gap there. It says in the back of The Shelters of Stone (fifth book) thats shes currently working on number six. Nothing about the cancer though so if I've been misinformed I apologize.

That makes sense. I hope she's okay now. The Earth Children series are all good books. I really enjoyed the first one the most, because it began a different genre for me, and it involved both the new and the old people. I'm thinking eventually she and Durk will be reunited..

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I just finished re-reading Clan Of The Cave Bear. I loved it the first time, and loved it this time too.

I just read the Fifth one and just don't want it to end. I read the whole series one after the other and it has taken me about 6 months now. I'm just trying to get myself in the mood for a different genre.

+ Reply to Thread