+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Read Anything Good Lately?

FORT Fogey
    Thanks Sher.... I loved that series,, its amazing what some people can endure!!

I just read the book " lovely Bones" its a 14 yr old girl who has been murdered and it is from her perspective in Heaven, as she watches her family, friends and the killer. Very good! I hear Edwin McCain's prayer to St. Peter as the books theme song when I read it. I hope it becomes a movie!

A really fun read is "Dooms Day Book" by Connie Willis. That's the last book I read before Kavalier and Clay, which was awesome.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    I also just finished The straw men.. very creepy!
    And I am starting, Prey by Michael Crichton ( sp?)

Yes Feifer, that's the book I was talking about. See, 20 years after reading it you still remember! Now that's the mark of a great book !

I also recommend "The White Pages". It's got very little plot but thousands of characters.

I've come to the end of my Richard Laymon fascination for now, and I'm starting back in on Jeffery Deaver's latest, I can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to head to the bedroom to grab it.

No worries, John. The bedroom would be over in the East Wing, Fourth Floor, right? We can't have you getting winded.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

i'm re-reading "a prayer for owen meany" right now. i just finished "a man named dave" and i need something...else. owen meany should suffice.

i'm also looking forward to the release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".... An American collector has paid more than $45,000 for a card full of clues to the plot of the long-awaited fifth Harry Potter book.

i can't imagine, but hey!

to read the full story:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/book....ap/index.html

Originally posted by Bonker
    Yes Feifer, that's the book I was talking about. See, 20 years after reading it you still remember! Now that's the mark of a great book !

I also recommend "The White Pages". It's got very little plot but thousands of characters.
    The White Pages(cannot remember the author)

Bonker, I have read that one and found it hard to follow all the way through. I do not understand why there are sooo many characters needed when they refuse to develop any of them fully and the use of the strange numbers to reference the characters was confusing. No other book I have ever read has catagorized their characters by city and in alphabetical order. Like you said there was no plot and the duplication of many of the character names(althought their numbers were different) was very confusing. Each character was in a different setting and very few showed up in the same location making interaction impossible. I would not recommend this book to anyone and only read it because so many were in circulation leading me to believe it would be worth my time. This is a perfect example of buyers remorse, though I can not remember where I got it. It is as if it just showed up on my doorstep one day. I cannot believe you recommend this book.

feif!

FORT Fogey
    I just read Prey by Michael Chrichton his newest,, its not his best stuff, sort of way too out there!

+ Reply to Thread