+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

Dean Koontz

My favorite author of all time. I've read everything he's written - even if it was a grocery list that got published. I anxiously await every single book he writes, or puts a foreword into, or gives a little quote on the cover.

Anyone else a Koontz fan?

I like Koontz. Haven't read him much lately.

My favorite Koontz book is Lightning. Great book, if anyone hasn't read it I highly recommend it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I heard about Koontz from a friend. Started reading one of his books. 'The Bad Place'. It's very very good.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Fogey
    The first Dean Koontz book I read was "Cold Fire" and I loved it. After that I read everything by DK I could lay my hands on.

My favorites were: Midnight, The House of Thunder, Lightning, The Keys to Midnight, Watchers, Whispers, Mr. Murder and Servants of Twilight.

Oooh, The Bad Place is one of his best.

My absolute favorite Koontz book is Twilight Eyes (actually my all-time favorite book, tied with The Stand), but you can't find it around much any more. It was the first Koontz book I made my wife read, and she actually cried while reading it.

I liked Watchers, and Lightning was much better the second time I read it.

I am also a big Dean Koontz fan! I agree that The Bad Place is his best. I also read Midnight, Phantoms (not a bad movie), Cold Fire, Mr. Murder, Demon Seed, Whispers, finished Dragon Tears about 2 weeks ago, Intensity (good movie), and a few others. I want to say Snow and the follow-up story, but I'm not sure if that was the title.

I especially enjoy his greatly descriptive narrative and he knows how to "creep me out"!

Twilight Eyes--I'm not sure if I read that. What is that basically about?

John, Koontz usually starts his novels with a quote. Are they from the Song of Solomon or the Book of Sorrows?

How is your eye today?

I used to read a lot of his when I was in my teens and 20's but I haven't read anythng of his lately.

I have an oldie that I picked up at a garage sale for five cents that I haven't read yet ( The House of Thunder).
    "That's Numberwang!"

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I really liked 'Lightning' but I'm a sucker for time travel stories. 'Strangers' was pretty good too.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I haven't read a lot of his books, but Phantoms is one that really stood out. Scared the holy crap outta me. I was looking over my shoulder for weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast