+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

I'm reading Seize the Night right now. Of course, Murphy's Law dictates that if I go to the used book store and don't know what I'm doing, I will pick up the 2nd book in a series, never the first. But I'm a 1/3 into it and I don't want to stop and find Fear Nothing.

I love the way the characters banter. If Koontz were writing for television maybe I would watch scripted shows more often.

I grew up with dogs and was a late convert to cats (many years of apartment living). I'm a big pet person - can't live without a pet. We have 2 cats now but I want to get a puppy when my daughter is older. The only pets I don't really "get" are reptiles or fish (but I respect everyone else's right to get up close & personal with a snake *shudder*).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The two are pretty well unlrelated, except for the main character, hepcat. You'll be okay

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    ....Cali, I hope you like the ending to the book you're reading now....

Yes, I did....I liked the entire book.

I don't recall Dragon Tears, so I think I'll get it today when I return this one.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Demon Seed was kinda skippable, but I liked Dragon Tears. I just finished Phantoms today and it was awesome. I stayed so late last night unable to put it down.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Oooh! Wish I had peeked in here before now. How wonderful to see such a long thread dedicated to my favorite author. I read everything Koontz writes. The first book I read, the one that hooked me was The Bad Place. It still remains my favorite to this day. I could not put it down till I finished it.

Koontz is a genius. I'd love to be able to get inside his head for just an hour, to see how he manages to create such powerful stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Box
    Oooh! Wish I had peeked in here before now. How wonderful to see such a long thread dedicated to my favorite author. I read everything Koontz writes. The first book I read, the one that hooked me was The Bad Place. It still remains my favorite to this day. I could not put it down till I finished it."

Pandora's Box--Me too!!!

Koontz is a genius. I'd love to be able to get inside his head for just an hour, to see how he manages to create such powerful stories.
    Have you seen the movie, or video, the Cell? Imagine if we were inside his mind, but had a hard time distinguishing between his thoughts and reality. Mommy!!!

Has anyone heard anything about Koontz's past? Somewhere I read that his father was an abusive alcoholic, and that has helped him create some of the bad guys in his books. Stephen King's father left without a word when he was a child, leaving his mother to struggle on. They could have used their father's actions to excuse a lot of bad or crazy behaivour in their own lives, but they turned it into something positive and creative.

Good point CableJockey. I might have heard something about a murder in his family as the incentive for writing "Intensity", but I could have misheard and that was years ago.

Dragon Tears wasn't in, so I got By The Light Of The Moon.
    I'm only on page 41, but so far so good

I know nothing about his past, and hadn't heard that about either Koontz or King.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Have you seen the movie, or video, the Cell? Imagine if we were inside his mind, but had a hard time distinguishing between his thoughts and reality. Mommy!!!
    No, I haven't seen it, but am making a note so I can rent the video. Sounds like it's right up my alley, Eldee.

+ Reply to Thread