+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

Watchers is good. If you can get a copy of Twilight Eyes, pick that one up. It's the best of Koontz. The Moonlight Cove twosome is pretty good for recent books, From the Corner of His Eye is pretty decent, I think.

I wasn't really hooked on False Memory, though.

Tick Tock, the first time I read it, I hated. The second time I read it, I loved it. It's a "genre" book, written in a whole different style than Koontz's other works.

Strange Highways was really good.

I'm writing some of these titles down. Maybe I'll hit the book store tomorrow.

(that's one bad thing about living out in the boonies... the closest real book store is 35 miles away )
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Ooh, if you're going to the book store, get The Bad Place.

So far I like False Memory. I wish I did't read the post that mentioned hypnotize. I like to have information unfold as the author plans it.

I also like how Koontz uses dogs in a positive way in his books.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    The made for TV movie of Intensity was pretty good.
    I saw the first night of the movie and missed the ending. I was so frustrated that I went out and bought the book. So now I can not wait to read another one of his. I just have soooo many books to read first. I usually read a light book and then a dark book. Maybe I will sandwich a Koontz between the next two fluffy books on my list.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Watchers was the one with the dog, right?? I loved that one. I also really liked lightning.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Yep, Watchers was the one with the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    I saw the first night of the movie and missed the ending. I was so frustrated that I went out and bought the book. So now I can not wait to read another one of his. I just have soooo many books to read first. I usually read a light book and then a dark book. Maybe I will sandwich a Koontz between the next two fluffy books on my list.
    Let us know how you like it. I thought they did such a good job with the TV movie. I believe the protagonist is the doctor from Scrubs.

Rab
    Dang it's been awhile since I've read some of his books. I've read (based on my poor memory):

Key to Midnight <--probably my favorite
    Coldfire
    Tick Tock
    And the one that had a movie based on it with an evil clone

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Dang it's been awhile since I've read some of his books. I've read (....And the one that had a movie based on it with an evil clone
    Mr. Murder. If anyone missed it--good. It was terrible and the urgency the clone felt was left out of the movie.

+ Reply to Thread