+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

I love Koontz! My favorite Koontz book is Watchers :-) Loved it
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I have been reading DK for years. Twilight Eyes is my favorite book--at the back of the book the author wrote that the news items the 2 cops quote are actually real, now that was scary.
    Dragon Tears is another excellent story. Lightning would make a good movie, the story is so compelling.
    I have finished reading his latest book The Face. It was good, but not as good as some already mentioned.

Hi CableJockey!

OOps! I just realized I got Twilight Eyes mixed up with Whispers. Twilight Eyes had no cops in it just a brave 17 year old boy and his friends from a carnival.

Hi Eldee.

I love Dean Koontz, the first book i ever read by him i picked up by chance because it sounded interesting, and it blew me away, so i went and picked up some more just because of his name on the cover. I will read anything by him. I have not yet been disapointed.

From the corner of his eye : Was really good, and it made me cry very hard in the beginning, as well as the end.

Phantoms: Scared me senceless for a few nights, and the movie was really good too. Probably one of my favorite by him.

Watchers: My all time favorite book, not just from Dean Koontz, but my all time favorite book. It was just so well written, and touching, but also scary.

I have pretty much run out of new titles to read, i have read everything of his in about a year or so. I know he has some new books out, and im going to have to go get those right away.

I also read From the Corner of His Eye. However, I never read Watchers. Do you recommend that be my next Koontz book?

I JUST read Phantoms and now am halfway through Lightning.

I bought them both last week. It was interesting because in the back of Phantoms he has added an "afterward" where he explains that he never wanted to be a horror writer, and hates being classified that way.

I thought the bookstore didnít have ANY of his books, as I didn't look in the horror section... where they had about 700 of his books.

Poor guy.

His character development is really beyond compare.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, I couldn't agree with you more. I just started to read False Memory and that will keep me busy for a while (about 600 pages). Did anyone read False Memory?

I read False Memory, it took a long time to get it out of my mind--not to mention vowing to myself never ever to get hypnotized!! It was a very good story.

+ Reply to Thread