+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

Re: Dean Koontz

DEan Koontz is one of my favorite authors. The ones I love to read are Lightning, Strange Highways, and Twilight Eyes--they are hard to forget.
    I like the Moonlight Bay/Christopher Snow series and Frankenstein too. All his books are quite readable! Here is a link to all his work. Fiction Dean Koontz

The only Dean Koontz book I've read was From the Corner of his Eye and I liked it quite a bit until the end, I was REALLY disappointed with how it wrapped up. It seemed rushed and just didn't go with the flow of the rest of the book. I've considered picking up another one as I do hear a lot of good things about his writing but want to make sure that I don't feel like it was a waste of my time. I'm generally pretty happy with books and I think the reason I disliked this one so much was that I really enjoyed it until the end, then I just felt kind of ripped off lol if that makes sence. You guys seem to have liked a lot of his books, is there one in particular that anyone would suggest?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I like his Odd Thomas series, but the first Koontz book I read, Watchers, remains my favorite. For the most part, his violence is overly violent, but the stories are very interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I would recommend Lightning or Intensity to someone who hasn't read his books before. Both of those are excellent.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The movie, Intensity, is in my Netflix cue. I haven't read the book, though.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

And try Twilight Eyes Lightning or Strange Highways--all unforgettable and enjoyable.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll have a look for these next time I'm at the book store and let you know what I grab!

"False Memory" is one of my favorites. It was the first I read and the only one I've read more than once.
    Wag more, bark less

My book store had a massive selection of his books but only a couple of the titles recommended above. I decided on Intensity and am really liking it so far, I'll keep an eye out for some of the other titles mentioned above.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread