Quote Originally Posted by John
    Top 5 Koontz Books, in John's opinion:

1) Twilight Eyes
    2) The Bad Place
    3) Dark Rivers of the Heart
    4) Odd Thomas
    5) Hideaway
    THANKS JOHN!!!

I have read, Odd Thomas, which I LOVED. I havent read any of the other books on your list but I will be sure to get them! This will keep me busy for awhile.

I also liked the Frankenstein book(s). I have only read the first one and I really enjoyed it. I need to get the second book. I know you just recently received the second book in the series...have you finished the book yet? How was it?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I haven't even opened it yet. I'm still plugging my way through Freakonomics, which is a tough read, but well worth it. And I haven't had too much time to read lately

I hear you and I hate it when I dont get enough time to read. I always try to make a little time right before bed but sometimes that is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I have read, Odd Thomas, which I LOVED. I havent read any of the other books on your list but I will be sure to get them! This will keep me busy for awhile.
    I, too, enjoyed Odd Thomas. Odd's cynical, sarcastic sense of humor worked for me.

I also enjoyed Life Expectancy.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Anybody reading that new Frankenstein series of his? I bought the first book, Prodigal Son and I found it dissapointing. I always considered Koontz a very hit and miss author. Somehow I was convinced to read his other book The Taking which I'm in the middle of now. So far it's well... meh, haha. It's not great, but it's not as bad as what I thought of Prodigal Son either.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I also enjoyed Life Expectancy.
    I need to get that one too!

I was stuck at the airport one night and bought Odd Thomas....I couldn't put it down and it was one of the fastest books I have read.

I recently finished A Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, but that's by Stephen King. It seemed to keep me reading because I needed to see what was happening next but in the end I found the book a tad disappointing.

absolutely LOVED odd thomas! one of the best books i've read in a long time. just finished one door away from heaven, which was a really long, boring read - i didn't think i was ever going to make it through that one. though it did pick up a bit on about page 300! lol
    just started on the taking...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    Anybody reading that new Frankenstein series of his? I bought the first book, Prodigal Son and I found it dissapointing. I always considered Koontz a very hit and miss author. Somehow I was convinced to read his other book The Taking which I'm in the middle of now. So far it's well... meh, haha. It's not great, but it's not as bad as what I thought of Prodigal Son either.

I have read book 1 and 2 of Frankenstein.......I was disappointed in the 1st one but I found the 2nd one a little bit better, now I am wondering what the 3rd one will be like. I also read The Taking and found it not that great. I like his earlier books better

Has anyone read Velocity by Dean Koontz?

+ Reply to Thread