+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

I know exactly what you mean. I purposely read his books late at night when its dark outside. Then I have to keep checking to make sure my door is locked, that no one is on the balcony, and turn on the lights to go to my bedroom.

I have to read scary books during the day because my husband is gone at night. Man, if I read at night, there'd be no sleep in my house!

His quotes are from the Book of Counted Sorrows, which doesn't exist (he says maybe someday he'll publish it).

Twilight Eyes is about the carnival. But not to be confused with an earlier, not so good book called The Carnival (which had the same main character, but was kind of a forethought to this book).

The Snow books are good. I can't remember the names off the top of my head, but they take place in Moonlight Cove.

Fear Nothing, and Seize the Night... I can't remember which one is the First Snow one and which is the second....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I love Dean Koontz. I can re-read most of his books over and over again, and they don't get old. My personal favorite was "Strangers", although I also liked the more *lighthearted* "Tick Tock". The fact that he can take the same basic principles and create a bunch of really widely varying scenarios - maintaining the level of quality - is really a testament to his imagination.

I've given away or donated my Koontz, King, Grafton and Cromwell(Cornwell?) books. Now I try to take them out of the library so I don't get another stack. Next time, I'll keep any books I get so I can swape with FORT members.

Did you know that if you tell the post office person that you are mailing a book that you will get a little discount? I found that out by accident. I hope they offer that to the other states.

Eldee, there is a "Bound Printed Material" rate on book shipments through the post office. You just have to write those words on your package, and ask for that rate.

is anyone going to tell me which one was first...Fear Nothing, or Seize the Night?

It's driving me crazy
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, I didn't realize you were asking that question. If I had to rely on memory, I believe Fear Nothing was first. If your driven crazy, then we'll write a story on you and make you into a "Koontzeque" character.

Yep, Fear Nothing was first.

But I'm not smart or anything, I looked it up. I don't even know if I read these ones.

http://www.overlookconnection.com/koontzho.htm

Edited to say nope, definitely haven't read them. I take it I ought to?

+ Reply to Thread