+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

I read Seize the Night a few years ago. I didn't realize it was a sequel. It was a good read on its own.

Joeguy - I feel the same way about Koontz. He'll sometimes take a page and a half to describe something that could have been done in a paragreaph. That aside, I usual enjoy his books.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    ....I really enjoyed One Door Away From Heaven. It's fairly new and has a young girl and a smart dog in it... remember that with Koontz Dog = Good?

Fear Nothing and the sequel, Seize the Night, are about a young man and, again, the smart dog . These are good because, as I recall, Koontz writes very few sequels. In Fact, I think this is the only set, but Seize The Night can stand on it's own as well.

........And I must admit, I really like the Dogs.
    I read the two books about Christopher Snow. I haven't read One Door Away from Heaven. I'll look for it.

I really like dogs too. That was part of the reason why I joined an animal rescue good primarily for cats and dogs. I enjoy his portrayal of them as intelligent, caring and brave!

Eldee, I really do too. That's one of the reasons why I like DK's books. I'm not active in Animal rescue (and good for you that you do that), but I'm a firm believer that pet ownership is a cradle to the grave responsibility. I get so angry when people dump their pets, or say they can't take care of them anymore because they have problems with potty training etc. We have a chihuahua and two cats that were cast offs from friends. I wouldn't DREAM of casting off my pets (babies) because they are inconvenient...
    O well, enough rant. Back to the subject, I think you will really like One Door Away From Heaven , and to those who said they didn't know Seize the Night is a sequel, once again it's okay. If you like it you can always go back and read Fear Nothing!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne
    Here's some Dean Koontz media to fill your time:

......ABCNews online chat with Dean Koontz

"In this online chat he answers questions about his novels, the future of character Chris Snow, tips for writers, reveals his muse."
    I just read it. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome. I thought it had some good info in it.

I just took out One Door Away from Heaven. I wonder if the little girl is "special".

I have just started The Taken, DK's latest. So far so good.

Hey CableJockey! I haven't seen you for a little bit.

Re: dogs. On the back jacket cover of One Door Away from Heaven, Dean K is with his dog. Awww!

Hi Eldee, I can't beleive I got the title of the book wrong---its The Taking--not taken. Have you read it? Its so good I should be reading it right now instead of being here talking about it. I'm going to read some more.

CableJockey,

I haven't read The Taking Yet. I took out two books which were recommended. One is from Koontz and the other is from Stephen King.

I don't think that I can quickly catch up to you but, maybe once I take out that book, we can open a spoiler thread and discuss it.

+ Reply to Thread