+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

ooooh I can't wait! This sounds spooky.I MUST have it! Guess I'll be dropping by the bookstore this evening. Oh, wait, it's the AI final results show tonight, darn! I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Possible spoiler - Twilight Eyes

I'm up to the part after Jelly was found. It seems that something big is going to happen in the town other than just regular fighting/killing.

Yes, its going to be big.

Cable Jockey, I'm half way through the book and I haven't been disappointed.

I finally got Odd Thomas today and read part of it on the bus. It's really good so far. As for Lightning, I haven't finished yet, but I will.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Possible spoiler - Twilight Eyes

I have two theories.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Rya was raped by a brutal man and can not have children. At first I thought that a miracle would happen and they would have a baby. After reading about how both of them seem to be having the same dream, I'm wondering if she was raped by a goblin. and has part goblin in her. That is why it was made that she will not be able to give birth to another goblin and why Slim is chasing someone that he loves in his dreams.

Re: Ferris wheel.

It seems that the ferris wheel was more of a physical display of her suicide intentions when she insisted they go up on it and stay during part of the rain and lightning, but maybe that was a clue to what will later happen. Now, I'm thinking that maybe when the goblins come to the carnival that they, with their free passes, will go on the ferris wheel prior to any planned disasters and the wheel will get struck by lightning and many goblins will die instead if their intended victims.

I could be wrong on both accounts but, it's just a thought.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I hope that he doesn't have any goblin in him. In the movie Blade, the character fought vampires but, he was half human and half vampire.
    Last edited by John; 05-28-2004 at 10:19 AM.

Eldee, please keep in mind that other people are reading or will read this book, and put spoiler material inside spoiler tags as needed. I've edited your post above.

Here's some Dean Koontz media to fill your time:

A video of Dean Koontz talking about Odd Thomas (You must have Real Player installed on your PC to view the video.)

ABCNews online chat with Dean Koontz

"In this online chat he answers questions about his novels, the future of character Chris Snow, tips for writers, reveals his muse."

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Eldee, please keep in mind that other people are reading or will read this book, and put spoiler material inside spoiler tags as needed. I've edited your post above.
    To fill in the rest, see the Twilight Eyes Spoiler thread! :
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I have two theories.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Rya was raped by a brutal man and can not have children. At first I thought that a miracle would happen and they would have a baby. After reading about how both of them seem to be having the same dream, I'm wondering if she was raped by a goblin. and has part goblin in her. That is why it was made that she will not be able to give birth to another goblin and why Slim is chasing someone that he loves in his dreams.

Re: Ferris wheel.

It seems that the ferris wheel was more of a physical display of her suicide intentions when she insisted they go up on it and stay during part of the rain and lightning, but maybe that was a clue to what will later happen. Now, I'm thinking that maybe when the goblins come to the carnival that they, with their free passes, will go on the ferris wheel prior to any planned disasters and the wheel will get struck by lightning and many goblins will die instead if their intended victims.

I could be wrong on both accounts but, it's just a thought.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I hope that he doesn't have any goblin in him. In the movie Blade, the character fought vampires but, he was half human and half vampire.
    It is also a good place to ask certain questions, hopefully get answers and share theories.
    Last edited by eldee; 05-28-2004 at 11:49 AM.

does anyone like his newer ones better than older ones?

I actually like some of his newer (and much longer..whew!) books better than some of the old strictly horror/suspence stuff. I'm horrible with the titles, mostly because I've read so many of them, but I enjoyed the newer ones about fear of self (martie and dusty), utilitarianism (melina bellsong??), and the one with the blind boy. I enjoy how he touches on philosophy, religion, science, medicine, etc., without being too heavy handed or ideological about everything. I think Dr. Ahrimin (sp?) is my new favorite villian. I love how the villians are about 100 times more interesting and well rounded than the hereos.

Eric

+ Reply to Thread