+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

I took out Watchers and can't wait until I start reading it!

I'm already into Watchers and so far, I enjoy it. I like they way Koontz have the character connect with dogs in his books.

I love Koontz. I'm partial to his older novels; the newer ones have really disappointed me. I haven't read The Face or Odd Thomas yet, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. A few people have said Odd Thomas is up to par with his older books.

Watchers is probably my favorite.

Odd Thomas is definitely a good book, if you like his older stuff.

And even The Face is pretty good, compared to some of this other recent stuff.

Delphyne

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I like they way Koontz have the character connect with dogs in his books.
    I didn't like how the dog became Curtis' "sister-become" in "One Door Away From Heaven."
    Gustav Holst was right!

Haejin, is One Door Away From Heaven worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Haejin, is One Door Away From Heaven worth reading?
    I thought it was pretty good. The characters are pretty loveable, in my opinion, and it's easy to sort of "connect" with them after a while. I didn't really like the scenes with Curtis and the dog (he seemed a little strange to me), but in the end I found out why I thought that. Give it a try...
    Gustav Holst was right!

Passionate, compassionate ShirleyUgest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne
    I love Koontz. I'm partial to his older novels; the newer ones have really disappointed me.

A few people have said Odd Thomas is up to par with his older books.

Watchers is probably my favorite.

I am partial to his older stuff too... Watchers is definitely my favorite, and I think I have worn out my original hardback copy. Face of Fear was my first. I really liked that one too. Read it under his pen-name Brian Coffey. His BEST work, IMO, is Lightning. I loved Odd Thomas, and yes, I agree that it will appeal to those who prefer what I call "Classic Koontz". Boy did I go through the tissues, though. We have been passing it around the house, and each subsequent reader has taken it from a family member who is SOBBING, saying "Read it! You'll love it!"
    All your life people will tell you things. Most of the time, probably 95% of the time... what they tell you will be wrong. ~Ian Malcolm

Passionate, compassionate ShirleyUgest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I also just received "The Face" and "By the Light of the Moon", which completes my Koontz collection. I now own every book he's ever written.
    Do you have any of his books published under his many pen-names as well as the re-prints under "Koontz"? I started collecting them when I found out that "Face of Fear" by Brian Coffey was the same book my friend was reading; "Face of Fear" by Dean Koontz. It really hooked me. There is even one book where one of the characters is listing the names at an attorney's office, and they are names that are his own pen-names. What a hoot. If you need any help finding, and you don't have it yet, I recommend The Dean Koontz Companion by Ed Gorman, Bill Munster (Editor), Martin Harry Greenberg (Editor), Edward Gorman (Editor)

Talk atcha later,
    Shirl
    All your life people will tell you things. Most of the time, probably 95% of the time... what they tell you will be wrong. ~Ian Malcolm

+ Reply to Thread