+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

daddyzgirl, the more fans the merrier.

FORT Fogey
    I love Koontz...I have been reading his books since I was a teenager. My two all-time favorites, though, have to be Lightning, and Watchers. I can't tell you how many times I have reread those! I have a question...years ago, I read a book of stories by him, and I seem to remember a story about mice escaping from a lab & trying to poison the people they moved in with? Does anyone know what that is, or am I crazy?...

I don't know the name, but you still might be crazy. Just kidding! John might know.

FORT Fogey
    I swear I read it, but couldn't tell you the name of the book...I always thought it was hysterical in an ironic sort of way...something about the mice trying to put the rat poison in the people's cereal? I promise I'm not insane...

I couldn't find it with a search. Maybe this link might be of use to you.
    http://www.kingofhorror.com/koontz/deanbooks.htm

FORT Fogey
    I believe it may have been in Strange Highways....

I remeber this story but not the title. A boy and his mother are living on a farm out in the country and the secret lab was near enough for escaped mice to invade home and take over. The woman and her son are fighting for their lives against these super rats. It could have been in a book of short stories.

FORT Fogey
    See? At least now I can be reassured again about my small grip on sanity . I checked out Strange Highways again, I'll have to reread it & see if that's it....

you're not crazy - it's a short story called "trapped" and it is in "strange highways".
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

FORT Fogey
    Thank you, thank you.....I have been trying to figure that out forever...lol...

+ Reply to Thread