+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dean Koontz

You'd better get Twilight Eyes...That's my favorite, and my wife's favorite (will she be peeved at me if I tell you she cried while reading it, the only book that's ever done that?)

i'm a huge koontz fan... i've been reading him for years, -the first one that i read was "whispers" and i was hooked instantly. i own just about everything he's ever written - except for maybe that grocery list john mentioned...
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I have "Intensity" on TiVo, but it's 4 hours long, and I don't know if I want to invest that much time being disappointed in a movie version of a book I really like.
    i actually thought that intensity was done pretty well. it seemed to follow the book more than most. but, the book is always better in my opinion. nothing could top his writing, but the movie is at least worth watching.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

On Hiatus
    Picked up Twilght Eyes today. However, I also stumbled upon about four other books I didn't know exsisted by authors I love, so it's going to be a week or so before I get to it.

My brother keeps telling me how much he likes the newer Koontz books.

Edited to note: I'm not sure I've ever cried reading a book. Well, no...I cried *listening* to the Louis Anderson book about his Dad...and then again when I read it.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Cali, how is your reading going?

One book I read, but didn't think I would like was "Going South". I liked it very much. Koontz knows how to get away with creating "different" types of characters that I can believe in regardless of how incredible they are.

I just got Dark Rivers Of The Heart yesterday.

I'll have to order Twighlight eyes too. I think I'll do that Tuesday or Wednesday, so it should be in when I finish this one.

My sons friend writes (he's 15 and has already had one hell of a life) Anyhoodle, he's bringing me a story he wrote when I sub on Friday, so I'll take a break from Koontz to read Randy
    Then back full force.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Another Koontz fan here. All of his early ones rock. They make me paranoid and start thinking about underground cities.

I didn't care too much for the Moonlight Bay ones but the last one (don't remember the title) was pretty good.

I read "Strangers" and "Door to December" as my last two. I really liked Strangers, the mystery was intriguing and it was well flushed out.

Door to December was not nearly so good. The afterward said he published it under an alias. I think he was experimenting with his writing style and it was not a good thing.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Woohoo! I just realized that I have Lightning in my tote bag so I can start it tonight.

Add another DK fan to the list. I have read so many of his books I can't even begin to list them but I've enjoyed them all. I have to admit though I haven't kept up with his lastest stuff.

Actually - reading all your posts has made me want to go back and start reading them again.

+ Reply to Thread