+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toni Morrison books

FORT Fogey

Toni Morrison books

I was wondering if there are any other Toni Morrison fans out there that want to discuss her books. I've read all of her fiction (The Bluest Eye, Sula, Song of Solomon, Tar Baby, Beloved, Jazz, and Paradise), plus some of her non-fiction books. My favorite two are The Bluest Eye and Song of Solomon.

Sula is one of my favorite books. I intend on reading some more of her work over the summer...hopefully...(Let's see if I actually get around to it! ) I think I'm going to read The Bluest Eye next.

FORT Fogey
    The Bluest Eye is a wonderful book, but don't forget to have some tissue when you're reading it...

I remember reading The Bluest Eye a long time ago for school. Although it's a good book, Anna is right that it is a sad book. It's the kind of story that doesn't lose its meaning through the years.

FORT Fogey
    And Song of Solomon is equally wonderful and is almost an epic novel. It's really uplifting and I consider it to be her best novel!

Did you know that Dean Koontz usually, if not always, quotes from the Song of Solomon. I think it's the same one, unless it's from the Bible. John would know.

FORT Fogey
    Song of Solomon is a very Biblical book in form, so that would make sense the similarities. I've never read anything by Dean Koontz, though, so I wouldn't know the quotations...

Now that I think about it, it might be from the Counted Book of Sorrows. I'm sure John will let us know.

I really liked Beloved. What a strange and touching story.
    I've been wanting to read The Bluest Eye. (I think I told you that already.) Gonna have to find that one somewhere and try it out.

Fade to black
    I love, love Sula. I've only read two Morrison books (beloved being the other), but Sula was fantastic.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast