+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Sandford's "Prey" series

Rules of Prey is indeed the first in the series.

I just loaned it to my aunt, who's now begging for the rest of them.

Love the Prey series...I think I am missing the last one and need to grab it...my dad and i trade all of the good mystery series so maybe he has it...of late i have been rereading his earlier prey novels..its been a while since i read that and i actually really enjoy rereading them (i am doing that with scarpetta and bosch books too)....right now I am reading Hanged Man (or something like that) its one of the Kidd novels....not my favorite compared to his prey books, but all in all its a good book....lets just say that it keeps me up at night.

I love John Sanford and the Prey series. My husband just grabbed one by the checkout counter at the grocery store a few years back because he knew I was wanting (needing) something to read. I've ended up with some really crappy paperbacks that way but I really got lucky with this pick. I've read 4 - 5 more in the series since but I need to get the whole set so I can start at the beginning and truly enjoy the character development over the course of the series. I tried reading one of the Kidd books but couldn't get into it. It was a good book but I missed Davenport and kept waiting for him to show up. I picture Davenport as a blue-eyed, taller and wee bit thinner Alfred Molina.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I don't come to the FORT too much and haven't looked in the Books forum in a long time so this is the first time I've seen this thread. I love the Prey series by John Sanford! He writes other books about con artists (the Kidd series) and I don't care for them but the Prey books are great. The first one, Rules of Prey, is still my favorite. I also really liked Sudden Prey and Mind Prey.

It would be cool if they ever decided to make movies from his books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123