+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Sandford's "Prey" series

not lasalle... and really nothing against him, but it's Davenport

I'm glad I'm not the only one that pictured him as a white guy though. In the movie lasalle was in the office talikng to gee, what's her name... Rose Marie (?) Anyway, I'm waiting for Lucas to come in, and she finally says somethinglike "If that's the way you wanna play it Davenport, but you batter watch out" or something . I was floored.

No way is Lasalle the BIG guy Lucas is.

[voice=comicBookGuy]worst casting ever[/voice]
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I just got "Naked Prey" from the library yesterday. Didn't know they'd made a film of any of the series either. Anyway, Lucas notes in this book that he has dark hair flecked w/grey, crystal blue eyes and some French-Canadian genes. Eric LaSalle? Don't think so. Love the series - especially having been born in Mpls. and living in FL for the past 25+ years, it reminds me of my youth.
    Sing & dance the night away!

FORT Regular
    I have just gone back and started at the beginning of his series. I love it. I heard they'd made a movie but I haven't seen it.

Once I find I like an author I like to go back to their first book and read them all in the proper order. Libraries are great for that.

I picked up "Naked Prey" in the airport for my flight home. Just finished it last night. It was pretty good. Same old Davenport, same old situations, but I enjoyed it.

I heard an interview with Sandford on NPR last night. I hadn't heard of him before and was unfamiliar with the "Prey" series, but I found it fascinating. Here's the link:
    http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1913012

His Prey series is really good, if you like "quirky hardass cops who don't follow the rules" type books. I've read them all now, as well as his 5 non-Prey books.

Just finished "Hidden Prey" today - another great one! Lucas has blue eyes and tanned skin, but isn't African American in the books, for those asking earlier. Being from MN originally, it's always fun to read this series, since I rarely get back.
    Sing & dance the night away!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    This sounds like my kinda book. Can someone tell me what the first "preY book in the series is so I can order it from my library? Or, does it not really matter what "order" I read the books.

I believe they are all listed HERE. Looks like the first one is Rules Of Prey.

Very good series indeed.

ETA: They aren't listed in order there. If I remember correctly, the Paper Backs have the next one listed in the back though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Thanks Cali

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast